Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is this compression surge?

axesuso

Hi everyone!

im a little confused with the sound of my 1.0 ecoboost fiesta. Its mounted with an ITG air intake, and turbosmart dual port valve. The sound at full gas its a nice phhsss, but free revving it or at low-medium gas it makes this weird sound that im not sure if its compression surge. Little worried actually. Ive been adjusting the valve too but not much difference, it seems to be the same, maybe now it phhsss more easily lol. Can anyone help me out ?

thanks!

The way you're going with those parts it sounds like you're dealing with AETmotorsport and possibly considering a map with them? If you are, don't. Killed my ecoboost within a week - melted a piston 

The noise is normal, it's what happens with that (unneccesary) valve fitted.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, GingerFlame said:

The way you're going with those parts it sounds like you're dealing with AETmotorsport and possibly considering a map with them? If you are, don't. Killed my ecoboost within a week 

The noise is normal, it's what happens with that (unneccesary) valve fitted.

No mate, my car is mapped with bluefin from superchips. Iv seen aet motorsport video too with this valve and their remap and doesnt sound good. 

Thanks for reply !

On 23/01/2018 at 4:58 PM, axesuso said:

No mate, my car is mapped with bluefin from superchips. Iv seen aet motorsport video too with this valve and their remap and doesnt sound good. 

Thanks for reply !

Watch your synchros.. Bluefin maps have a history of destroying them on the ecoboost due to torque delivery 

• Like 1

@james_60 its a dual port valve 50/50. Not completely dump. 

@GingerFlame what you mean by synchros ? Ive never heard of issues with bluefin map... and till now no problems with me neither. Also i dont floor it all the time, coz it can have many mods but in the end is a tiny 3 cylinder motor, so you cant squeeze it all the time. I think... but whats this synchros thing ? 

Thanks!

The syncromesh system enables the gears to mesh whilst still rotating without judder or grinding.

If you think there is something wrong with your car take it to the main dealer. we are only fellow owners trying to help you

Jamie

• Like 1

On 2/2/2018 at 12:30 PM, james_60 said:

The syncromesh system enables the gears to mesh whilst still rotating without judder or grinding.

If you think there is something wrong with your car take it to the main dealer. we are only fellow owners trying to help you

Jamie

The compression surge thing i solved it out! But i was wondering whats this syncromesh system. But i dont understand how bluefin interferes with it? And how can i know wether its working properly or not? Sorry im new in this so maybe im speaking crap 

i really appreciate this forum and all help if got and learned a lot of things here!

thanks!

More torque/harsher torque delivery = more stress on syncros during gearchanges. @Paramanic has had issues which I'm sure he'll explain to you 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club