Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Climair Wind deflectors

xn85

Hi, I’m thinking about getting some Climair wind deflectors fitted to my Edge and wondered if anyone can give some feedback on these. Having two Labradors who are obsessed with getting wet and muddy, we often need to drive with the rear windows open a bit. This causes a lot of uncomfortable buffeting which I would like to eliminate. Do the rear wind deflectors reduce buffeting noise when the rear windows are open a bit?

When I fitted Climair deflectors to my old Kuga, I immediately noticed a lot of extra wind noise at motorway speeds. How do the wind deflectors fare with the active noise reduction on the Edge?

7EB8A0CB-4C1D-45B1-AE94-BDB28DBB934B.jpeg

I can’t comment on Climair wind deflector on the Edge however, I’ve had Climair wind deflectors on previous cars and agree that they do produce much more wind noise. 

With my Edge, I ended up ordering some deflectors from the a Ford Dealer in the US. Rather than sitting in the window channel, they sit on the window frame. I would say that they don’t produce the same amount of wind noise as the Climair style deflectors. They are a slightly different design and don’t come down to the base of the front windows by the wing mirrors. 

Maybe this is down to the thicker glass and noise reduction on the Edge front windows. 

23 hours ago, Owen1988 said:

1 hour ago, Edge of Reason said:

How do the above attach ??

Hi Owen,

having fitted a very good Climair alternative called  "Team Heko,"manufactured in Poland, available on eBay at under £30 a set for your Kuga, I have just fitted these to my 2016 kuga and are good quality fit great, secured in place with strong double sided tape and locking in clips that fit at top of the vertical slides, one either side.Very important you fit these with the glass dropped into the door recess, have fitted these to Audi's and found them as good as the £90 climair sets, Should do the trick with your Labs in the back,Hope this helps Andy.

• Thanks 1

Did the previous poster not say he had fitted Team Heko to his Edge ?

16 hours ago, Edge of Reason said:

Did the previous poster not say he had fitted Team Heko to his Edge ?

No - he fitted them to his KUGA!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marks adventure. said:

No - he fitted them to his KUGA!! 

So he did.  Well spotted.  I’m off to spec savers. 

• Haha 1

I’m not sure I fancy sticking the wind deflectors to the outside of the doors... I like the neat look of the Climair, but love how quiet the Edge is with so little wind noise. I suppose I want best of both worlds as I want to reduce wind noise with the back windows open, without increasing wind noise generally...

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to go with the Climair, which arrived today. They were an easy fix and cost under £70 for front and rears from eBay (Stoneacre Ford), including delivery.

Havent driven the car since fitting them, so can’t comment on noise levels yet but will post pics and impressions in due course...

On ‎24‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 6:27 AM, daven2505 said:

The US deflectors  work with little noise

IMG_5080.JPG

IMG_5079.JPG

Check this out http://www.climairuk.com/search.php?mmy_mode=apply&fmake=20&fmodel=2403

Climair Wind Deflectors fit in the window frame, they don't stick to the outside.

Really pleased with my Climair wind deflectors which seem to make the Edge look a bit more purposeful.

They just fit inside the window channel and are quieter than I expected.

108D239E-2684-4E81-9D1A-8B01A8ECA358.jpeg

89E45274-88CD-411E-A347-B6D9DCEE45D9.jpeg

• 2 years later...

If you mean the Climair ones they come with instructions but they just push into the top window channel and are usually held in place with concealed metal clips.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club