Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Insuring A Focus Titanium 1.5 EcoBoost 150bhp.

Liam40

Hi All,

Would anybody know that either owns or doesn’t own a Focus Titanium 1.5 EcoBoost 150bhp, what I can expect to pay for insurance on this particular Focus? I’m 47 and have 8 years NCB. Also, it might sound a daft question but, are white coloured cars cheaper on insurance?

Thank you,

Liam.

I've just insured mine focus 2011 1.6 petrol tit x..i'm 52 9yrs no claims.£290 from the RAC that's with 2 extra drivers on the policy at full comp. 

• Like 1

There way too many variables to compare tbh, post code and job make a huge difference, best thing you can do is put your details into a comparison site.  Can't even go by insurance group numbers, the insurers use their own!  I've just had a weird quote where changing to a newer, safer, unmodified car with less power and in a lower insurance group has raised my premium... :unsure:

Vehicle colour can affect the quote but it isn't as simple as all white cars being cheaper.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Liam40 said:

Hi All,

Would anybody know that either owns or doesn’t own a Focus Titanium 1.5 EcoBoost 150bhp, what I can expect to pay for insurance on this particular Focus? I’m 47 and have 8 years NCB. Also, it might sound a daft question but, are white coloured cars cheaper on insurance?

Thank you,

Liam.

Hi,

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back..

Regards,

Dan.

10 hours ago, Liam40 said:

Hi All,

Thank you,

Liam.

Full NCB and similar age we pay £265 for an old 1.6 Petrol and £240 for a new 1.5 diesel, both fully comp with protected NCB and other named drivers.  That's with LV.

I don't think colour makes a difference as you can quote on a car model without a reg, and I don't recall being asked about colour.

• Like 1

I doubt they'll even ask about the colour.

• Like 1

Thanks Everyone for your replies, i appreciate it.!

Liam.

36 minutes ago, Liam40 said:

Thanks Everyone for your replies, i appreciate it.!

Liam.

Considering your age and ncb I can't see it being over £800-1000. I pay £1270 for a 2006 Ford fiesta mk6 1.6 TDCi at 20 with 2 years ncb so can't see it being around my price. 

• Like 1

I have a Focus ST Line 150bhp 17 plate with ford 18inch wheels upgrade my insurance me and the wife age 54 is £252 with 9 years NCD protected legal with Direct Line

2017-08-12_17_12_07.jpg

• Like 3

I have focus 64 , 30 1 year NCB it will be at reneval next month

and have 1450 from aviva.

wich to be honest im not happy about.

15 hours ago, JAKE191 said:

I have a Focus ST Line 150bhp 17 plate with ford 18inch wheels upgrade my insurance me and the wife age 54 is £252 with 9 years NCD protected legal with Direct Line

2017-08-12_17_12_07.jpg

Hi Chris,

Gorgeous looking Focus ST-Line. I’m envious.!!

I’m with Direct Line, have been for the last 9years, had no problems from them. I did a quote online with Direct Line and got a quote for £428 yearly, which is less than what I’m paying now for my 2004 Focus 1.6i Zetec. I did this quote online as a new customer, so I might get more knocked of the premium if I did the quote as me logged in to my Direct Line account. I might stick with Direct Line.

Thank you,

Liam.

20 minutes ago, mastachaz said:

How long have you had your license for? I would of thought it would be cheaper for your age unless insurance companies no just look at how long you've been driving. 

On 24/01/2018 at 10:12 AM, Liam40 said:

Hi All,

Thank you,

Liam.

If you're  buying from new, make sure you read the insurers small print about how much you will get if the car is written off in the first year.   Some will pay the full invoice value paid for the car if it cannot be replaced with an identical car , whilst other only pay a "market value" in these circumstances. When I insured ours at new the LV policy  pays full invoice value in year 1, but Direct Line was market value only.   

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, zain611 said:

How long have you had your license for? I would of thought it would be cheaper for your age unless insurance companies no just look at how long you've been driving. 

only 1 year just past.

1 hour ago, Liam40 said:

Hi Chris,

Gorgeous looking Focus ST-Line. I’m envious.!!

I’m with Direct Line, have been for the last 9years, had no problems from them. I did a quote online with Direct Line and got a quote for £428 yearly, which is less than what I’m paying now for my 2004 Focus 1.6i Zetec. I did this quote online as a new customer, so I might get more knocked of the premium if I did the quote as me logged in to my Direct Line account. I might stick with Direct Line.

Thank you,

Liam.

Just out of interest, could try your current Focus as a new customer...  You might find it's cheaper as well, there isn't any loyalty discount with most insurers these days.  

• Like 1

On 28/01/2018 at 6:21 PM, JAKE191 said:

2017-08-12_17_12_07.jpg

Ah, the lurvely "Tiger Eye" :wub:, those wheels aren't bad either mate! lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Just out of interest, could try your current Focus as a new customer...  You might find it's cheaper as well, there isn't any loyalty discount with most insurers these days.  

Now that you’ve mentioned it Tom, I did do a quote on my current Focus as a new customer and found it more expensive than what I’m paying now.

8 hours ago, Liam40 said:

Now that you’ve mentioned it Tom, I did do a quote on my current Focus as a new customer and found it more expensive than what I’m paying now.

Ah that's surprising, seems quite a lot for that car and your age but I did see your thread about location as well.  I hate using phones and the companies seem to take advantage of this by putting the price up each year knowing I'm unlikely to phone.  :sad:  Same happened on my Great Aunts insurance before she gave up driving, she just kept paying it without query and when I checked, hers cost twice as much as mine did despite driving 50 years without an accident.  I haven't tried Direct Line though so maybe they aren't all like that!

• Like 1

I have mk2.5 focus titanium 1.6 with bodykit st225 alloys interior mods , leather cluster change scangauge ii in st pods housing etc all mods declared.like for like replacement. I pay £550 with 9+ ncb garaged etc. I'm 51 . 2 additional drivers spouse & son (28)with 1 claim 3 yrs no claims. With skyinsurance
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 29/01/2018 at 9:47 AM, mastachaz said:

That’s a bit of a sting in the tail. I think the most I’ve paid for insurance is nearly £700, but that was back in 1989 when I first started driving. Insurance has gone up over the years though, I suppose because there’s more of us on the road, more chance of someone claiming after an accident.

Ive heard that having a dash cam fitted, can reduce your premium.!

Liam.

I just sorted my insurance on a mk2 1.6 petrol. £1008. 22 with 3 rears ncb. I wouldn’t expect yours to be over £300 :biggrin:

• Like 1

On 30.01.2018 at 10:26 AM, Liam40 said:

That’s a bit of a sting in the tail. I think the most I’ve paid for insurance is nearly £700, but that was back in 1989 when I first started driving. Insurance has gone up over the years though, I suppose because there’s more of us on the road, more chance of someone claiming after an accident.

Liam.

maybe I will contact them and ask and on renvewal i dont see option to protect my 1 year NCB

• Like 1

It's a bit of an apples and oranges game but I've just reinsured my 2014 mk3 1.6 diesel.

Renewal from Hastings was £940 with DRLs declared

New price from quotemehappy was less than £400.

That with me at 30, (im)mature student, 4 years ncb, wife at 29 on a provisional licence, fully comp, protected ncb, hire car, legal cover, personal injury, windscreen etc etc.

Neither would insure me with a remap done though :((

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 30/01/2018 at 10:26 AM, Liam40 said:

Liam.

When I started driving 2 and a half years back my insurance was £2080 for a 1 litre petrol Peugeot 107 when I was 17. Insurance can be a bit of a con but when you see some of these young drivers modding their cars and driving like idiots you can sort of see why they are high. In my uni I see some of the students in their financed audis or golf's booting past the entrance and sometimes overtaking people. Once I saw 2 cars overtake a learner where the second car overtook whilst going around a corner. I see some of the cars driving past with big dents on it. Today I saw a audi A1 which had a large dent on rear driver door. 

• Like 1

Due to certain cost factors , all my cars until the age of 27 were insured on my father’s name.

He had max bonuses and fully comprehensive for cheap. Now that was all good and dandy but when I started putting the insurance on my name I got a pleasant surprise.

They treated me as a new driver and I had the welcome bonus and nothing else . So you can imagine my anger as 10 years of driving were ignored.

My 1,5 Ecoboost after some years under my belt was 1648,85 euros.

71d4eaa0ee392127055ab4c7ad66832d.jpg

Now I was expecting my new Focus to be similar but I was very wrong :). The below shows my new insurance with bonus protect. What does this mean ? No matter how many times I use my insurance to fix my car my monthly premium will not increase. My old insurance used to increase as I would be considered a risky driver. Dents and other stone chips were out of pocket as I did not want to pay more and more.

So my RS costs me 2380,50 EUR.

3ab0171480b31ff484058b70ce9d9fad.jpg

I would love to have some of your quotes :). Remember it can always be worse !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1