Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TDCiST’s.... TDCi ST...

TDCiST

Just now, dtulip8 said:

My MK3 has 2 reverse lights, just upgraded them to led because of the same problem.

My mk4 doesn’t have full led but the reverse light is , as far as I know.   Maybe Ford thought one led reverse light is as good as 2 halogen. More likely it’s been cost cutting. 

13 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

My mk4 doesn’t have full led but the reverse light is , as far as I know.   Maybe Ford thought one led reverse light is as good as 2 halogen. More likely it’s been cost cutting. 

Oh it’s 100% good old Ford cost cutting!

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 9:24 PM, dtulip8 said:

Oh it’s 100% good old Ford cost cutting!

There will be tougher and tougher legislation re emissions world wide in next few years. Ford (everybody) knows this. Why put expensive components on a car that’ll be scrapped long before it’s done. SLA suspension , LED lights , interior build quality, even down to paintwork. Mine being a lease car isn’t a worry but if I owned it I’d be looking at trading in for a hybrid if not full electric. 
reason for no new RS is purely emissions.

Yeah I get that but I think putting in one reverse light, one boot light etc is just being cheap in all honesty.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Yeah I get that but I think putting in one reverse light, one boot light etc is just being cheap in all honesty.

They’re not doing themselves any favours reputation wise. 

• Like 2

People buy Fords because they're cheap!  If they put German levels of spec in them you'd all moan about the purchase price! :tongue: 

The single bulbs aren't actually to save the 10p the bulb costs, it's to save time on the production line.  If you ever get the chance to watch cars on a production line it's really interesting how they do it.  Every section is carefully calculated to last exactly XX amount of minutes so every car moves to the next section at exactly the same time.  The more they can do in those XX amount of minutes, and the fewer sections needed to complete the car, the cheaper the production, and the cheaper the purchase price can be.  :smile: 

That's one reason they now fit things like electronic handbrakes and twist-dial automatic gear selectors, saves loads of time running cables everywhere, they can just whack in a pre-prepared wiring loom, pre-built dashboard and pre-built rear beam with hubs & calipers on the production line.  It's amazing how quickly they churn out cars nowadays, and with far better quality control than 40 years ago!

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

Well… it’s been a long time coming.

but looks like my username is going to be rapidly out of date. 

Petrol ST on its way! Collect Tuesday! 
will post pics/new “project” thread soon!!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, TDCiST said:

Well… it’s been a long time coming.

but looks like my username is going to be rapidly out of date. 

Petrol ST on its way! Collect Tuesday! 
will post pics/new “project” thread soon!!

I bet you got sick of the dpf 🤣

9 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

I bet you got sick of the dpf 🤣

If only I had time to… loved that diesel

till someone decided to write it off for me!

still onwards and upwards with the petrol version now!

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, TDCiST said:

If only I had time to… loved that diesel

till someone decided to write it off for me!

still onwards and upwards with the petrol version now!

Sorry to hear that. I am sick of the dpf you need to blast the car up the motorway every so often or you get problems. I will be going back to petrol on my next car defo.

10 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Sorry to hear that. I am sick of the dpf you need to blast the car up the motorway every so often or you get problems. I will be going back to petrol on my next car defo.

Shouldn't do with a coated DPF.  My Golf hasn't had a 70mph blast since March 2020!  Also had a 1.6 TDCi Mk3 for about 6 months without many long, fast trips and no problems at all.  Very different to the Eolys DPF on my old Mk2.5!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Shouldn't do with a coated DPF.  My Golf hasn't had a 70mph blast since March 2020!  Also had a 1.6 TDCi Mk3 for about 6 months without many long, fast trips and no problems at all.  Very different to the Eolys DPF on my old Mk2.5!

I keep getting the old "exhaust temperature too low for particulate filter regeneration". Maybe it's a sensor not had the chance to look at it 

• Sad 1

On 5/8/2022 at 10:50 PM, F0CUE said:

Ah onwards and upwards… 

if you read back in the thread, I’m just glad the car was as new as it was, otherwise I don’t think I’d have been here to tell the tale!

this is my first petrol since 2005…

4th Focus, 3rd black focus… 1st petrol focus… gonna take some getting used to…

8 hours ago, TDCiST said:

Ah onwards and upwards… 

if you read back in the thread, I’m just glad the car was as new as it was, otherwise I don’t think I’d have been here to tell the tale!

Yes you will find it weird just don't fill it up with diesel ffs 🤣

10 hours ago, TDCiST said:

Ah onwards and upwards… 

Tbh the 2.0 and 2.3 Ecoboost in the ST can be driven like a diesel. It's what I like about them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Tbh the 2.0 and 2.3 Ecoboost in the ST can be driven like a diesel. It's what I like about them.

Good to know it took me ages to get used to the Diesel after driving a 1.6 petrol.

3 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Good to know it took me ages to get used to the Diesel after driving a 1.6 petrol.

Obviously the fun is to be had above 4k RPM, but my day to day commute I change around 3.5k and just ride the torque, rarely have to change down.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club