Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Correct PS/BHP

mag01473

And for the love of God dont bring the missus to the dealership

if she starts gushing about how lovely the car is she'll bust your cover and you'll be lucky to walk out with a complimentary air freshner

:-D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, biff55 said:

"I wouldn't bother kicking up a fuss with the dealer."

I would.

they either knowingly mis-sold , or at the least very sloppily failed to confirm the vehicle spec.

either way you were not sold the car that :- 

a. was advertised

and

b. had the engine power you thought you were getting.

bring it to the attention of the sales manager with your proof ( etis data base or rolling road power graph ) and see how they want to resolve this "discrepancy" 

dont ask for anything , dont give any indication of whether you want to return or keep the car , let them sweat while they consider their position , which has legal ramifications under trade description & consumer protection laws.

play it poker faced and they may offer more than you might have expected..........  ;-)

When I said "I wouldn't bother kicking up a fuss with the dealer." I meant in terms of not getting into a righteous battle with the dealer about right and wrong.

To clarify, I would approach them stating the facts (as you said) and then await their decision. If their decision was a ***** one, I may be tempted to resort to more persuasive language. 
:biggrin:

• Like 1

When I said "I wouldn't bother kicking up a fuss with the dealer." I meant in terms of not getting into a righteous battle with the dealer about right and wrong.

To clarify, I would approach them stating the facts (as you said) and then await their decision. If their decision was a ***** one, I may be tempted to resort to more persuasive language. biggrin.png

I think between you, @biff55 and myself we are all saying the same thing. Go back to the dealer and tell them what he knows and then leave it there for the dealer to decide what they are going to do by way of recompense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

And for the love of God dont bring the missus to the dealership
if she starts gushing about how lovely the car is she'll bust your cover and you'll be lucky to walk out with a complimentary air freshner
:-D

Totally agree with your previous comment, be polite and let the dealer come up with a solution, which may be better than what the OP hoped for when he told them.

The quoted comment is one of my all time favourites from this forum!! If I’m ever haggling or doing anything of that nature then the wife always stays at home or in the car, can’t trust her not to say something that will ruin things lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club