Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fuel filter

lasthope

does any one no if this is right fuel filter for focus tdi 1.6 2008 I went on euro parts and stuck my reg in and came up with this one thanks and is this oil ok to use to Shell Engine Oil (Helix HX7 Professional AF Engine oil - 5W-30

-

fuel.jpg

Does your filter that you have in the car at the mo look like the one in the pic from eurocarparts ?

The filter I use for the same engine is the picture below.  Both types come up for my car on ECP but this is the one that matches what was on it already.  Unfortunately it is double the price of the other one, but you have to use the right one!

image.png.7c2cc12e4f8fc8a5c3ebe8f44913b7da.png

The oil I have used recently is the Shell Helix Ultra Professional AF fully synthetic.  It was on special offer a while back so I bought 4 of them to last me a while.  I think as long as it meets the Ford spec it is fine.

i not looked yet to see what filter is lol I look today thanks

i just looked at fuel filter and it is that silver one

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

It will be the silver one...stupidly expensive for a fuel filter!  

was it still expensive with the eurocarparts codes... save33 or sale50 then ?

28 minutes ago, lasthope said:

i just looked at fuel filter and it is that silver one

MK2 1.6 TDCi Bosch In-Line Fuel Filter eBay item number:302330191512 £29.78 :biggrin:

2 hours ago, andypsp said:

MK2 1.6 TDCi Bosch In-Line Fuel Filter eBay item number:302330191512 £29.78 :biggrin:

Tbf that's better than most...but it's still £30 for a filter...thats half a tank of diesel! :tongue:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Tbf that's better than most...but it's still £30 for a filter...thats half a tank of diesel! :tongue:

guess you don`t like spending money on your car parts then lol :ohmy:

Do without the filter then, see how much a new pump and injectors comes in at :lol: 

I bet it would a frightening amount from the dealer too. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, andypsp said:

guess you don`t like spending money on your car parts then lol :ohmy:

Does anyone 'like' spending money on parts they can't see or feel a difference from?  :unsure:  I actually like servicing cars, just hate the cost of it lol. Always buy genuine too, but at the best price I can find, even if that means buying things separately.  I have more time spare than money spare though. :smile: 

9 hours ago, stef123 said:

Do without the filter then, see how much a new pump and injectors comes in at :lol: 

I bet it would a frightening amount from the dealer too. 

I chose the cheaper option and bought a mk3 instead...filter is only £20 for those... :rolleyes: :laugh:

Obviously the internal paper filters are much cheaper but the massive metal can on the mk4 Golf was never as expensive as the mk2 Focus one, and as I say the mk3 one is cheaper as well despite being the same fuel system, the OE filters are over £50 for the mk2 which seems an awful lot for what is essentially some folded kitchen roll in a metal can...wouldn't mind so much if they didn't keep blocking up every year as well lol...

• Like 2

I'm like you Tom, happy to do the maintenance needed but always looking for reasonable priced quality parts.  I hate doing the fuel filter on the Mk2 because in the back of my mind I am always thinking that I will get to the end of the job and won't get all the air out of the lines and it won't start - nothing more embarrassing or frustrating.  Strangely my filters last well without clogging and I have only changed them when there is a problem with the fuel delivery or another problem that can't be explained another way.  The recommendation is to change every 37,500 miles but my first one lasted over double that.  The second was changed when I had an unexplained EML (which turned out to be glow plugs instead) and the current one should be up for a change soon but if it ain't broke and all that...I will do so at the first sign of something not right.

• Like 1

getting the system primed on this car is dead easy, I change the filter every 12-15, never had an issue. disconnect the outlet  fuel line to the fuel pump and prop it facing upwards. disconnect the inlet line to the tank, swap filters, reconnect the inlet tank line and suck through the outlet filling up the filter, then using a small pipet fill up the fuel line to the fuel pump to the brim and connect it to the filter outlet and start car. job done, never failed or even had to re prime it. :)

my mates 1.8 seems to be a bit of a pain in the bum though.

I took a video of priming these filters for youtube yesterday, mk3 but same procedure.  I don't really see why people have so much trouble with them.

I find it a bit annoying not having the lift pump but not actually difficult when you've got a hand primer.  I don't bother filling the outlet pipe either.

That fuel filter is the same one in my 1.6 diesel fiesta however this is the mk6 2006 fiesta. Priming these are important as it'll allow the car to start without struggle. When I first serviced my car the fuel filter had the year 2011 on it which most likely shows it hasn't been changed for 5 years most likely because people know about the struggle of starting it after changing it. Changed it and my dad hand primed it. There was water inside the filter which isn't a good sign. It didn't struggle to start. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club