Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated front windscreen

mdhurley

Hi, 

Couple of niggles with my B-Max, and probably coming to the end of this one as it is seasonal. If the window is iced over and put the heated window on, there are a couple of elements on the left hand side working fine, a few in the middle, but apart from that, it's almost completely reliant on the blowers. In my S-Max, I can drive off in 30 seconds. Is the most likely cause the electrics or faulty elements requiring a windscreen to be replaced, which seems like a waste of money if it isn't as much as scratched.

TIA

Martin

• 3 weeks later...

It will be faulty element, they normally start to fail around the 7 year mark, but can be sooner if you use them a lot.

• 11 months later...

if there are strips working and not working then it is the windscreen itself. On my mk6.5 fiesta it was about 5 years old when it started doing this and gradually got worse.

Then a crack in the windscreen caused the need for a replacement screen and all was fine then.

This was a genuine large (MOT failure) crack on the windscreen when something hit the screen on a dual carriageway but I am sure some people would 'accidentally' cause a crack to get a new screen on the insurance when the strips of the heated screen start failing. 

• 4 weeks later...

i have just bought my b max and the first time i needed to use the screen heater it did not clear on the o/s i looked on the internet and and noticed that a common fault appeared to be where the metal strip connected to the screen is this the problem , thanks for any info . 

1 hour ago, philbee said:

i have just bought my b max and the first time i needed to use the screen heater it did not clear on the o/s i looked on the internet and and noticed that a common fault appeared to be where the metal strip connected to the screen is this the problem , thanks for any info . 

Each side has a separate fuse.

• Like 1

i have checked all the fuses they seem ok is it likely to be a relay or anything obvious

phil

2 hours ago, philbee said:

i have checked all the fuses they seem ok is it likely to be a relay or anything obvious

phil

Checked with a meter or just visual?

i have checked with test light all fuses seem ok but the big green ones have a see through cover over them (40a ) is it possible to remove these to check , only they seem a very tight fit

• 2 years later...

i've the same problem, i wil check the fuses... but if its not the fuses,where are the cables an connectors at the front window? I think its corrosion on the cable or connector...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club