Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 Petrol Engine Differences

Shominy

I've found the Mk2.5 is also much quieter than a 2016 Fiesta.

Moving from over 10 years of Mondeo mk3 ownership, I found the Focus to be considerably louder at speed. As mentioned, it's okay at town speeds etc, but motorway speeds can be a problem  (although I enjoy loud music, which helps).

The 1.8 engine is plenty fast enough, especially if your not carrying passengers/luggage, and are happy to use the revs. 

The original Ford brochure gave the following figures:

0-62mph             30-60mph (in 4th gear)

1.8        10.3sec                  12.1 secs

2.0        9.2sec                     11.9sec

Not a massive amount in it really.....

On 28/1/2018 at 4:44 PM, Dave1981 said:

I've got a mk2.5 titanium 2.0.. can honestly say it's gr8 for what I do, 9000 miles a year mainly short runs with occasional long blast. Round town yes the mpg isn't gr8 and it cud do with being a bit quicker off the mark but once it gets above 10-15mph it shifts!.. on a GD run mpg is fine, did Whitby and back from Sheffield yesterday and it was doin 40-43mpg. Motorway cruising speed is fine never need to drop a gear to overtake but I agree cud do with a 6th gear.. reliable engine, lots of toys to play with when inside it. Road noise not too bad but I've had all doors and boot sound deadened.

Did you do the sound deadening yourself Dave. 

I used Silent Coat on my previous Mondeo and noticed a difference in road noise (and sound quality from speakers).

How big a difference was it in your Focus? Do you deadening outer and inner door skins? And was it easy to get into the doors? 

Ive silent coated the floor and sides in the boot in my focus and noticed a slight reduction in road noise.   Next plan is to get some sound proofing underlay and put it under the boot carpet and see if I get more improvements.  Also plan to apply  some silent coat inside the rear doors and behind my upgraded Speakers to try and stop the Speakers buzzing at higher volumes lol

I did my boot myself. Doors were done by company who did my audio upgrade. They did outer door skins far as I know. Can't comment on sound quality of stock Speakers as mine were removed n uprated. It has though quietened the cabin down a bit.. still loud esp on motorway compared to modern cars. But better than it was!

After taking a trip in a mate's 13 year old Clio it has made me realise that the soundproofing in my Ibiza is actually pretty good! Will be interesting to see where the Focus fits in on the scale.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club