Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It’s About Where You Live.

Liam40

Hi Everyone,

I did start a car insurance thread in ‘General Chat’, but I think one of the top brass has deleted it for being in the wrong place, which is a bit mean, they could of moved it into the right place, after all I did take the time to write the thread on this site. But rules are rules.! So I’ve started another one in the right place about Car Insurance.

I’ve been doing some quotes to get an idea on various Focus’s for my next car. I’ve done quotes from my existing company ‘Direct Line’ and from Confused.com, Compare The Market.com and have found that it really does matter where you live as regards to insuring your car. The quotes I did were from 2 addresses, my home address and my parents home address. My home address is in a block of flats and I park my car in an unsecured private car park with no cctv, I also live in an area where cars get damaged and stolen. My parents home address is a house and I would park outside their house on the road but where they have cctv, I also have the option to park in a garage. The cars don’t get damaged or stolen in my parents road.

When I get my premium quotes from the various companies I’ve used, they give me quotes where the insurance premium will be cheaper at my own home address which is more of a risk I’ll claim, and more expensive at my parents own home address which is less of a risk I’ll claim, it’s also more secured at my parent address. I would of thought it would of been the other way round.

To me, it really is a ‘Postcode Lottery’.

Liam.

Hi,

It might be more expensive if you're not actually registered at your parents house but you trying to insurer a vehicle at that address. the insurer may be charging a higher premium as you don;t match at the address given and they can;t validate your details properly.

Regards,

Dan.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi,

It might be more expensive if you're not actually registered at your parents house but you trying to insurer a vehicle at that address. the insurer may be charging a higher premium as you don;t match at the address given and they can;t validate your details properly.

Regards,

Dan.

Hi,

Thank you Dan for explaining it. I hadn’t thought about it that not being registered at an address you insure you car under would be more expensive.

How do insurance companies know whether your registered at an address?

Thank you,

Liam.

Location I found to be a big factor with insurance. I could save probably £500 or even £1000 for a no black box insurance if I lived in a good place. 

• Like 1

Hi Liam,

Thanks for the message and generally if the address you are providing doesn't match the one DVLA have on record / on your licence this might cause them to query the address you are attempting to insure the vehicle at.

Many thanks.

Dan

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi Liam,

Thanks for the message and generally if the address you are providing doesn't match the one DVLA have on record / on your licence this might cause them to query the address you are attempting to insure the vehicle at.

Many thanks.

Dan

Hi Dan,

Thank you for clarifying this, I appreciate it.!

Liam.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club