Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does LED H1 and H7 headlights fit?

Shaunhastie

Hi all,

I was looking on Amazon for led headlights and was wondering if they would fit in the holes, which ones are the best and are they worth it? 

Thanks Shaun

I fitted osram night breakers.  Phillips racing vision is also meant to be good. 

Yes h1 for main beam and h7 for dipped -- unless your car has halogen DRLs. Those have different combo bulb. 

• Like 1

nope, full beam, dipped beam, sides are all separate.

but my concern is that is there enough room and to put the caps back on?

8 hours ago, Shaunhastie said:

nope, full beam, dipped beam, sides are all separate.

but my concern is that is there enough room and to put the caps back on?

Oh I just saw you mentioned LED sorry, thought you were looking for halogen upgrades. Autobeam provide larger caps which allows room for the cooling bits. I'd be a lot more careful of ones on amazon.  

New laws are coming into effect so if you keep LED upgrades in for MOT you will fail. 

• Like 1

Cool I'll just change them back then

Yes, MOT rules changing which is a pig. But.... the same rules still apply to the tester, it is a visual inspection. They are not allowed to remove the caps to see cooling fans or ballasts etc and it can be difficult to identify an HID/LED/halogen bulb through the projector lens, so in reality having the rule may not make any difference.

Have you got any experience driving in a car with LEDs? They look ace from outside and the light is lovely and crisp, great for town and urban driving. Not so good on unlit rural roads though, the throw is not that great. Also, in the rain they can reflect of the raindrops and puddles making visibility worse. For that reason HID beat them imho. However they have a super quick start up and come on at full brightness, they don’t need to ‘heat up’ for a second or two and in that respect and lifespan, they beat HID. Just my opinion of course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Has anyone got a copy of this New MOT, as I just had a look and there’s certainly nothing I could see in relation to cracking down more on LED’s.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I tried to fit the headlights and didn't fit sadly :(

Has anyone got a copy of this New MOT, as I just had a look and there’s certainly nothing I could see in relation to cracking down more on LED’s.
Thanks!

Here is the draft copy of the MOT handbook. The section you need for HIDs is section 4 and I think is page 6 of 20

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/671818/mot-inspection-manual-for-classes-3-4-5-and-7-from-20-may-2018-draft.pdf

baf002cf7366e60ae063b0ee83876cc4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Feels like the government is ruining my driving experience ever since I started driving. Its like they are trying to force people from not driving. Back in my college I would park on the main road which the college would be on. After the first term they made that road permit parking meaning I had to find another place to park. Luckily there was a side road which didn't turn into permit parking. I feel really unlucky. That college was there for around a hundred years and they had to do that then when I started driving. Hope MOT doesn't become an issue and I get more unnecessary advisorys

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club