Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford focus tdci 1.6 2005

kledi

Hello all i have a focus tdci 2005 109 hp..

At first start of day i start up the car all going well no noises .... but after a few seconds... cut off ... and after 1-2 try  to start up... finally start and than run good ... no warning lights nothing.....i clean injectors a few weaks ago and clean fuel tank and change fuel filter... the engine sounds normal no strange noise and run perfectly maybe some sensor going bad ... and cutt off ??? any ideas 

23 minutes ago, kledi said:

but after a few seconds... cut off ... and after 1-2 try  to start up... finally start and than run good ... no warning lights nothing...

Air getting into the fuel system sounds the most likely cause. It has no tank pump, so up to the main pump it is all under suction, and any tiny leaks will allow air in, not fuel out.

If it does not happen again, it was probably air in the filter working its way into the main system, and now gone.

7 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

that happpen almost every day at first start of day ..if i go t start the car now will cut off and maybe not ... if i start it now and cut off  and start it again...no problem after 4-5 hours if i go to start up the car will not cutt offf.... only at first start of day

1 hour ago, kledi said:

that happpen almost every day at first start of day ..if i go t start the car now will cut off and maybe not ... if i start it now and cut off  and start it again...no problem after 4-5 hours if i go to start up the car will not cutt offf.... only at first start of day

If it was glowplugs, or some other temperature related fault, then I would expect it to run very rough, rather than just cut out.

Most sensor faults are monitored, and would cause a light to go on, with a DTC. Maybe a crankshaft sensor problem that cures itself when warm could do it. Fuel system blockages, or excess injector or pump leakage would probably show up when running, with light & DTCs. It is possible to use a diagnostic system to verify fuel rail pressure build up during cranking.

But I think the most likely cause remains a tiny leak of air into the low pressure fuel system, maybe around the filter area. This could allow enough air in overnight to make the engine stall. A stall from air in fuel does not usually put the light on, though a low fuel pressure DTC may be present. I had a fuel pressure DTC once after a filter change (no light on), though the engine had fired up ok on the second attempt.

today it started .. crank 2-3 sec and start .... no cut off ... after 5 hours i go to start it again for a ride.... it started very quick and no problem run normally bec i know when injectors are bad or leaking ... or  bad pump .... engine make a noisy sound  like click click click or doesnt run good ... i dont know man .... 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club