Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Headlights

Eddieboi

Hi all,

Thinking about getting some new headlights for my mk5/6 fiesta (08).

Generally I’m not going to be able to wire these up but how much would a garage charge to install new headlights and wire? Apparently these ones require some wiring into the side lights for one of the lights to work.

Also will be using the current levelling motors in new ones so I’m guessing I’d have to pay for that to be done to be road legal.

https://www.energizedcustoms.co.uk/shop/ford-fiesta-mk6-mk7-2002-2008-black-angel-eye-halo-projector-headlights-pair.html

Side note may also replace both wing mirror as they have the click of death issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'd say £50 if they have to start soldering bits and redoing the loom. Maybe more if you have to start fussing around with swapping motors over. Garage fees tend to rocket up if anything takes a while to do.

This isn't a hard job, anybody that can use a soldering iron and a socket can easily do this sort of job.

do you need to have powerfold mirrors? can you just cut the wire that powers the folding motor so they stay out? That's what I would do. I appreciate not everyone would be happy with that, it's down to how you balance money and effort with the benefit

do you need to have powerfold mirrors? can you just cut the wire that powers the folding motor so they stay out? That's what I would do. I appreciate not everyone would be happy with that, it's down to how you balance money and effort with the benefit

It’s just annoying but I can live with it as long as they automatically open and close lol

No need to cut any wires, there is an option in the menu where you can turn the auto fold on/off. Mine are ‘off’ just now as there has been a lot of ice, I don’t want to break the motors if the mirror is frozen stuck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I’ve ordered my new headlights. I plan to move the electronic levelling motors into the new lights.

Will I have to get the lights professionally levelled or because I’m using the old auto levellers will they be ok?

The electric level adjusters only allow the driver to adjust for extra load.  The lights will have to be manually levelled by an MOT garage once fitted.

On a side note would it be worth upgrading the bulbs to LED for the new headlights?

In my experience LEDs are usually rubbish, they either don't fit, flicker, melt the plastic lense or just don't work at all.  I stick to whiter halogen bulbs now like Phillips extreme white for example.

• Like 2

So I have installed the new headlights, they work fine, halo rings light up as they should.

However when trying to turn the engine on I get the red oil symbol and some weird sound and car doesnt want to start.

I followed this guide http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/How-To-Fit-Fiesta-MK6-Angel-Eye-Headlights-/10000000218492388/g.html.

Lights came with 3 red and 3 black wires. So from reading the above I attached the 3 red to the white side light wire, and the 3 black to the black side wire...then once  all was ready put the lights in and reconnected. So Im a bit miffed now why the car wont start.

Managed to sort the issue battery was really low. Had to call AA out to charge it up lol

6 hours ago, Eddieboi said:

Managed to sort the issue battery was really low. Had to call AA out to charge it up lol

Oops! :laugh:

We've all done it at some point lol, try not to run the lights or radio for too long without the engine running as that will drain the battery.

Hi Eddie I did some digging around on the subject of led headlights and they are useless as they will not give a decent light pattern. They are good to use as a side light or tail/brake light or even indicators if using a resistor 

Hi Eddie I did some digging around on the subject of led headlights and they are useless as they will not give a decent light pattern. They are good to use as a side light or tail/brake light or even indicators if using a resistor 

Yeah will stick to halogen for the main/dipped lights.

Will get a picture up of the lights when I get a chance.

Was fiddly getting them back in as there’s like a side bit on the car which the hook bit on the light side has to hook back into when reinstalling the lights.

Debating to at some point getting the front bumper off to see if the headlights have hooked back on properly.

My fiesta front bumper has there two small bits that sit one side of the light and the other side the grille sits which makes it a bit tricky getting the headlight back in.

I'd say Philip's xtreme vision bulbs are good. Gives out a good throw of light plus is a little whiter compared to the standard halogen bulbs. They also do a white vision says gives a xenon white light but about half the distance more light compared to the xtreme vision. 

• Like 1

I'd say Philip's xtreme vision bulbs are good. Gives out a good throw of light plus is a little whiter compared to the standard halogen bulbs. They also do a white vision says gives a xenon white light but about half the distance more light compared to the xtreme vision. 

I had a pair of those in my old lights pretty good from what I saw.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk Pro

Know what you mean Eddie about getting the original lights back in I had my sons in and out three times when changing bulbs then fitting fog lights then he got a set of angel eye lol

Know what you mean Eddie about getting the original lights back in I had my sons in and out three times when changing bulbs then fitting fog lights then he got a set of angel eye lol

I might have to at some point get the front bumper off so 1) I can install the new halogen lights 2) make sure the lights are installed ok and hooked onto that latch on the side lol

Looks like with the prev old shape they didn’t have that notches either side of the upper grill so was easy to take out and reinstall 🤣

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk Pro

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club