Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 6 trans / clutch noise

Kapper

Noticed a pretty loud clunking noise from the clutch / trans other night, can be heard in the video:

Noise goes away with the clutch down but comes back while clutch is engaged in neutral. 

I've looked around for info on worn release bearings and input shaft bearings but the noise doesn't sound like any symptoms described for them. 

Would appreciate any input, Cheers :) 

aslong as the car is driving ok then i wouldnt worry too much about it just yet, new clutch will probably be needed in 6 months to a year

• Like 1

what engine is this, could we be talking about a DMF (dual mass flywheel) which are well known for wearing and being noisy when your foot is not on the clutch (and creating loads of iron filings which gets attracted to the magnetism of the stater motor and then causes starter motor problems).  I think only diesels have a DMF and then not neccessarily all diesels.

50 minutes ago, isetta said:

what engine is this, could we be talking about a DMF (dual mass flywheel) which are well known for wearing and being noisy when your foot is not on the clutch (and creating loads of iron filings which gets attracted to the magnetism of the stater motor and then causes starter motor problems).  I think only diesels have a DMF and then not neccessarily all diesels.

Doesn't the mk6 fiesta 1.6 and 1.4 diesels have a single mass flywheel? I thought this was done as I heard the older fords had stalling problems with the dual mass flywheel 

I have the same problem I’m changing my clutch tomorrow and if it sorts it I’ll re-post 

• Like 2

It's the 1.25 so defo no DMF haha. I bought it about a month ago and the previous owner said he had a clutch replacement (even provided a receipt) not sure of the date but said it was recent, will have to check. Pretty sure it was just the clutch though, no clutch kit. 

Good luck Lewisford :thumbsup:

well if the work has just been done perhaps someone forgot to do something up tight properly.   It is not rare to find that work that has just been done on a car leads to more because it is sometimes a problem that was misdiagnosed and the work done did nothing to sort out the real problem whatever that might be, or the work was done badly.

Years ago my sister bought a Metro, after a few months the clutch started vibrating badly and then suddenly disaster occurred in the clutch. Dismantling showed that someone had not done something up tight properly and it ruined the end of the crankshaft where the clutch was, so the car was scrapped as uneconomic to fix. 

Just checked the receipt, had a clutch kit put in November! I bought the car at the end of December (it didn't have this issue until now). Think it's worth contacting the business that did it and seeing if they'll check it over? I'd assume they're liable even though I didn't own the car when the work was done :unsure:

If the clutch was recently replaced. then theres your dinner.

It shoudnt rattle like that.

Something has been mis aligned

Jamie

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club