Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iceland Delivery Van Reversed Into Me!

Hudz2017

Hi everyone. Last week some idiot Iceland delivery driver in a big van reversed into my car while parked in my street. God knows why he needed to reverse as much as he did.
Anyway he has admitted that it was his fault. He has caused a bit of damage to the front end of my car (pics attached)

A company in Sunderland called Joblinks is coming to collect the car today to assess the damage to send a quote to Iceland's fleet management company.

In addition to the damage to the grille, bumper and fog light, I have noticed that the car seems to have lost a bit of power. When the engine is coming up to 2500+ revs there seems to be a slight loss of its usual pull. The turbo sounds okay, no smoke or any strange noises from the engine either.  The car is driving normally on the whole. What could this be? I've had the boost pipe mentioned to me along with a possible split in the inter cooler pipe. 

I am a bit useless with diesel engines as this is my first diesel car. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Bonnet Dent.jpg

Front Pic.jpg

Grille and Fog Light Damage.jpg

Grille Damage.jpg

Registration of Van.jpg

Hopefully the insurance will cover any damage, does look like damage to the bumper is enough to affect the performance of your car, I wouldn't go as far as calling him an idiot though :D it can be difficult to judge distance when you're in one of them vans. Hope you get it sorted soon.

I hope so! It drove perfectly before this happened. They are coming to drop off a newer Mondeo courtesy car while its getting fixed this morning. I'll probably end up wanting a newer one now haha

If someone called me an idiot after a genuine accident I'd slap them with my dueling gauntlet.  

possibly intercooler/pipework damage
+1 on that.
A small puncture to the intercooler may be enough to lose pressure and reduce power.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hudz2017 said:

I hope so! It drove perfectly before this happened. They are coming to drop off a newer Mondeo courtesy car while its getting fixed this morning. I'll probably end up wanting a newer one now haha

Remember that courtesy cars/ rental cars are the fastest cars available. The red line suddenly becomes a target for every gear change when it's not your car.

I can imagine them saying to me as I give the car back "Sir these tyres require changing now, they're barely legal. We're sure they had 5mm of tread on them when the car left this morning".

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club