Do Not Sell My Personal Information

dab radio not working

stiffy

Just noticed that my dab radio on my 2014 mondeo has stopped working. It won't even tune in. Done all the Factor reset. It's the one with the sat nav included. Everything on the unit works other than the dab radio. Thought something would go wrong when it came out of warranty.

Hi, it's a known problem, see this thread

pulling the fuse as described in that thread usually brings it back to life.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ianincheshire said:

Hi, it's a known problem, see this thread

pulling the fuse as described in that thread usually brings it back to life.

Spot on pulled the fuse in engine bay f43 waited 10 mins put fuse back in, placed in 4 digit security code for radio and now works perfectly. Many thanks.

• Like 1

placed in 4 digit security code for radio and now works perfectly.

I wouldn't have expected you to have to enter any security code?. I understood the unit was 'keyed' to the VIn of the vehicle automatically. I pulled the fuse on my 2014 TitX at least twice and never had to put in any code. In fact I don't recall ever having any code.

My dealer eventually applied the software update and it never failed again, but then again it might not have been that long before it got replaced...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I had this problem this week on a 2014 2l titanium x. My local garage laughed (after Ford garage wanted £50 odd to do a diagnosis and said possibly a new radio unit), disconnected the battery and grounded it to the chassis. 2 mins later, reconnected the battery put the code in and radio is all fine. He said it was a standard way to get similar problems sorted on Citroens.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hi what fuse do I need for a radio  2010 mondeo  1.8 diesel 

On 3/13/2020 at 3:18 PM, Chris mondeo said:

Hi what fuse do I need for a radio  2010 mondeo  1.8 diesel 

Have you not got the owners book?

If not, you should be able to download a copy from https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/my-vehicle/download-your-manual

• 3 months later...
On 1/31/2018 at 12:50 PM, stiffy said:

Spot on pulled the fuse in engine bay f43 waited 10 mins put fuse back in, placed in 4 digit security code for radio and now works perfectly. Many thanks.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I had every document except for the radio pin. I watched a you tube video to remove the unit (the removal keys are the Mercedes curved type) and get the serial number. I then used https://freeradiocodes.co.uk/code

which gave me the code for free in seconds. 
All sorted now. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 1/31/2018 at 12:50 PM, stiffy said:

Did exactly this when my dab suddenly stopped working, fm etc fine . Took fuse out waited a minute back in then added radio sec number. Absolutely fine, thanks for guidance much appreciated.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club