Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Guess the car

stef123

Lol, if you ever go to a French car show (unlikely I know ha!)...don't mention VAG cars! :laugh:  The rivalry between them is the same as between Fords and Vauxhalls! :lol: 

It's a good addiction to have tbh...at least you're making money from it, rather than wasting it on drugs or gamlbing lol. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iantt said:

Saw my first swimming pool in a mk3 today

Probably the first of many lol...

Is there an 'official' fix or did you just reseal the vents?

No official fix.

Just drill a hole in the floor to let it out.lol otherwise known as a stream .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One of our sons mates had a ‘lovely’ BMW which suddenly developed a nice crack in the chassis, when I say nice, you could slip your hand inside it! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Russ said:

One of our sons mates had a ‘lovely’ BMW which suddenly developed a nice crack in the chassis, when I say nice, you could slip your hand inside it! 

Germans eh! 

• Like 1

Well it would be rude not to update the German rust bucket thread wouldn’t it?

A bit of grinding and hammering, and heat of course! 

Look at that lovely rear disc! Didn’t get pictures of the new ones, I’m sure you can imagine what it looks like now compared to that haha. 

8F4F3EF7-C1A7-4F95-97F0-CC52B4A37E1D.jpeg

FF86982F-858C-46D1-9DC3-6A3CD16FF26E.jpeg

DC445D28-E35B-4726-AEF8-E326D69AEC07.jpeg

48B53CF5-48DD-4581-ABF5-74DDED233274.jpeg

0DAFDC78-9144-40B7-B40E-16AD32F15F48.jpeg

F8D74C2E-10F1-477A-A920-23C5159E1516.jpeg

That disc didn't happen over night lol...how do people not notice things like that? :o

He doesn’t care is the short answer. It looked exactly like that last year when I done some mot work on it. Told him then they need done.

Happy to announce this motor went in for it's mot today and passed with one advisory on a tyre (low on tread). So that's another German shed still on the road for another year lol. 

That's better than my car. My car had I think 3 advisories. Front velocity gater slightly deteriorated but preventing ingress of dirt, both front wheels slightly mishapen (expect that on low profile tires) and slight beading on the rims. Before that it failed as the brake hose broke in the MOT centre plus had an extra advisory about the handbrake having to be pulled up a considerable amount to engage it

• Haha 1

On 1/31/2018 at 7:59 PM, stef123 said:

0DAFDC78-9144-40B7-B40E-16AD32F15F48.jpeg

Ahaa, that is some of the worst rust I have seen for a car that is still on the road!! One day the steering arm or a clevis bolt will go ping...

• Haha 1

Hit any part of the suspension with a hammer and it rains chunks of rust lol. It's far from the worst I've ever seen, it looks bad but most of it is just flaky and underneath that is solid enough. Certainly haven't found any thin parts on it yet lol. The body work however isn't the best, it is rusty and you could probably kick the arches off it. 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club