Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broken Front coil spring

Mordey

Any one able to tell me the rough cost to replace both springs including labour before I ring around tomorrow. Hampshire/Surrey/Berkshire Border

you dont need to have them both replaced, i had 1 front coil spring replaced 4 years ago and both springs are still fine

He doesn't need to but it is certainly the advisable thing to do. 

• Like 1

Also make sure you get ZS spec ones, often you'll only have the option of 'comfort' spec like Zetec/Titanium when buying aftermarket springs.  More of an issue if you only buy one as you'll have one soft/high side and one low and hard.

I wouldn't consider replacing one spring.

Buy them from Euro car parts & do it yourself. Euro car parts have some mega good deals! 😁

each to their own, however, springs dont wear evenly like brakes do, so if youre on a budget definitely go for the 1 spring, like i say, 4 years later and both my springs are fine after only 1 replaced, i try not to live in fear of 'what if'

2 minutes ago, Martin-Fiesta-MK6-1.4 said:

each to their own, however, springs dont wear evenly like brakes do, so if youre on a budget definitely go for the 1 spring, like i say, 4 years later and both my springs are fine after only 1 replaced, i try not to live in fear of 'what if'

They do...  Springs get weaker/softer over time due to metal fatigue.  So if you replace just one the handling will be compromised a bit and one side often sits lower, I know most people won't notice though.  

Having had a spring snap and shoot through the tyre...twice on different cars...I wouldn't recommend changing just one unless funds are really that tight.

4 hours ago, HannahDerulo said:

Buy them from Euro car parts & do it yourself. Euro car parts have some mega good deals! 😁

But they don’t really, they bump the prices up, hit you with an offer and you think your getting a good deal. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, stef123 said:

But they don’t really, they bump the prices up, hit you with an offer and you think your getting a good deal. 

CP4L isn't bad though.

Bought something the other day, £14 on ECP (before discount), £8 on ECPs eBay account, £4 on CP4L!  Only trouble is their website search is shocking, have to find things on ECP then copy the part number and search for that on CP4L lol.

Would agree with @stef123 when I was looking at the paperwork for my car I found one receipt for one spring. Problem is I don't know which side was changed. Best to do both so you have piece of mind and won't have to worry about the other side breaking. 

28 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

They do...  Springs get weaker/softer over time due to metal fatigue.  So if you replace just one the handling will be compromised a bit and one side often sits lower, I know most people won't notice though.  

Having had a spring snap and shoot through the tyre...twice on different cars...I wouldn't recommend changing just one unless funds are really that tight.

ok but in that case wouldnt the shocks need replacing too? they both go hand in hand

4 minutes ago, Martin-Fiesta-MK6-1.4 said:

ok but in that case wouldnt the shocks need replacing too? they both go hand in hand

Not really as it's a different type of wear.  There's no metal fatigue in shocks as they're not constantly bending like a spring does.  The shock seals will weaken over time before failing altogether so I'd always change shocks in pairs as well, but I wouldn't change shocks at the same time as springs if they still felt good (rebound test) and weren't visibly leaking.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply's guys n Girl. Both done for £243 inc vat.

if your hard up for cash

doing one is ok but

ideally do them as a pair

there quite easy to do

you will need a pair of spring compressors(about 20 pound for a good pair)

after that it' pretty much childs play

about 1 1/2 hours work

done loads of them

regards steve mk2 focus