Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Ford Fiesta APIM

PizzaRob

So I’ve had this car for about a year or two and when I first got it, I mucked it up. I was getting frustrated with my Sync not connecting to my spotify and I started mashing buttons and locked up my radio. Not completely, but my AUX, USB, Accessory doesnt work. When i push the “Phone” button it flashes for a sec and goes straight to Radio. Ive tried the fuse and ive unconnected my battery twice. Once for 15 minutes, and once for like 2 Hours because i thought maybe I didnt do it long enough and I wanted to be sure. Last, I took it to Ford. I believe they told me it was my APIM that had gone bad and they said it was going to cost close to $800 to fix. This was about a year ago and I just cant afford it, but its a drag only being able to listen to the Radio and CD’s. So I tried replacing the whole radio and that didnt work either.

Now I dont know if the “Communication module”, “Ford Sync Module”, and APIM, are the same thing. Ive gone on eBay and I cant find a replacement Sync APIM module for my car but I have found several Sync Modules and Communication Modules.  

Also I have absolutely no clue where the APIM is in the car. I saw someone post about some kind of module under the glove box, some cars are under the center console, and some cars have it behind the screen. Where is mine? If its the one behind the screen for mine can i just replace the screen? I know i dont have a sync 2 or sync 3 because it looks like those have way bigger screens than mine.

I have a picture of my Dash attatched. sorry its not a good one my girlfriend is driving right now and its dark. I kind of just assumed someone can identify it from a general pic. Ive been dealing with this problems for a while now and I just want to fix it Asap getting real tired of it. 

2E2B3107-0882-4126-B85A-AF9FF13BB199.jpeg

Have you tried doing a master reset? Menu > Sync > Master reset

Failing that, the Sync module comes from factory attached to the top side of the fibre or plastic panel that protects the fuse panel under the glove box. I found mine however, zip tied up under the console centre, so it depends if there has been any maintenance conducted on your car. They look like the attached. I suggest you identify it and make sure all the plugs are seated correctly before you replace it. They can be found on eBay, usually labelled as bluetooth modules, e.g. 322989066749. They are common across many models with Sync 1. Make sure you get one that’s not older than your vehicle so you get the functions that you’re supposed to have. There’s a few thread on here about upgrading further, depending on what year/functions you have. 

86F45CD1-4AA1-4CEF-B933-A5109FC3E41C.png

Mine (2014 zetec) is right in the passenger footwell. There's two of the clips pictured below to remove (you pry/pull on the centre piece and the bigger piece will pull out). The panel will then pull down and it's attached to the panel itself.

There's a really good guide to replacing the module here.

• 2 years later...

@PizzaRob did you ever locate the apim ? I'm having problems finding it.   I took out the radio and the screen and it's not there. Could you contact me? Genniferb76@gmail.com

17 hours ago, Gen said:

@PizzaRob did you ever locate the apim ? I'm having problems finding it.   I took out the radio and the screen and it's not there. Could you contact me? Genniferb76@gmail.com

Apim is the bluetooth module, below the glove box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkEncolexEA&t=29s

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club