Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exhaust on 2013 Ecoboost

SJG_1977

I have had my Fiesta since new in 2013 and since August last year, it has had the flexi exhaust part replaced, a hole in the exhaust welded and now another area has blown. I have done under 25k miles.

Is any of that normal for the age of the car?

My dad has had his Focus since 2004 and has had one repair on the exhaust! So frustrating.

Thanks

I have the same year and mine's all original.

My grand daughters 09 Fiesta titanium X with 55K on clock still on original exhaust and just passed it's MOT with it.

I honestly can't remember the last time I bought an exhaust. My previous Focus TDCi, which I had from new, was sold on with the original exhaust at 160k miles. Before that I had a Mondeo TD which did 80k miles before being sold on with the original exhaust. I reckon I might have put an exhaust on a petrol Mk1 Focus about 16 years ago. Lets hope I'm not talking it up on our current Fiestas. 

2 hours ago, SJG_1977 said:

I have had my Fiesta since new in 2013 and since August last year, it has had the flexi exhaust part replaced, a hole in the exhaust welded and now another area has blown. I have done under 25k miles.

Is any of that normal for the age of the car?

My dad has had his Focus since 2004 and has had one repair on the exhaust! So frustrating.

Thanks

That's quite low mileage, are you doing lots of short journeys?

^Just to add...

Usually when you do short journeys the condensation that builds up in the exhaust doesn't evaporate fully as it doesn't get hot enough. The water rusts through the steel and results in holes everywhere. You can usually tell when somebody sat in-front of you in traffic only does short journeys because you see water drip out of the exhaust when they set off.

Yes, when the flexi bit went I was told it was because I mainly do short journeys and the condensation doesn’t get burnt off. I have been doing that for the past 15 years though and it didn’t happen with other cars, and only since mid 2017 with this one.

Just annoying as the costs to repair/ replace are adding up!

Shall just have make more effort at the weekends to go for longer drives.

• Like 1

.........I love my car but it makes me want to push it off a cliff!

• Sad 1

On 01/02/2018 at 7:02 PM, SJG_1977 said:

.........I love my car but it makes me want to push it off a cliff!

Please noooo :-(

Jamie