Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated steering wheel slowly dieing.

Brad8988

Not going go get it fixed before it goes but my heated steering wheel has started not heating in certain areas to the point where only about 30 degrees of the full 360 wheel now heats up. It's going back to a dealership so will leave it to them to sort it out. 

Mine has never heated the 9-11 I clock position- which is where my left hand always is so it’s effectively only 50% effective. Will wait for it’s first service to get it sorted. 

I always saw the heated steering wheel as a totally pointless thing. My body heat warms mine in a few seconds or if it’s really cold I wear gloves. Seems like a needless waste of cash when ordering. But then if you got your car second hand and it came with it, then fair enough. 

Edited by Edge of Reason
Spelling

16 minutes ago, Edge of Reason said:

I always saw the heated steering wheel as a totally pointless thing. My body heat warms mine in a few seconds or if it’s really cold I wear gloves. Seems like a needless waste of cash when ordering. But then if you got your car second hand and it came with it, then fair enough. 

Try holding a steering wheel in the winter if you have Raynaud's syndrome, I bought my current car because of the heated steering and I have not looked back since, rather than being in pain from white/purple fingers they are now warm as toast.

1 hour ago, Edge of Reason said:

I thought that until I specced my old focus with it. I'm really gutted I can't get it with my next car. There is nothing better than getting in your car when it's really cold and sticking it on with the seats and heated windscreen. 

I also thought it was a bit of a gimmick-.but it was a relatively cheap extra so I thought why not! But I absolutely love it! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club