Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power steering fluid leak

Joshfocus

Hi guys I have quite a heavy power steering  leak for the last 4 days and the whinnying noise when it goes low, I only got this fixed in a garage a year ago I only remember because he could only get the hose or what ever from ford for £80 I thaught it was strange that It’s leaking again.

i was wondering if I should give it a go my self. Anybody have any advice?

its a 2005 focus zetec 1.6.

Take it back to the garage that did it and ask why it's leaking again after just a year. It's what I'd do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If it’s open today I will swing by it’s only down the road from me they are open some Sunday’s I think, I haven’t kept the receipts I don’t think I will be able to back my self up if he asks for proof or what ever but I’ll still go by there just so he knows.we know how some garages can be.

• Like 1

It’s closed today I will try catching him tomorrow, do you know if power steering leak sealant would work if I poor it in res? 

20 minutes ago, Joshfocus said:

It’s closed today I will try catching him tomorrow, do you know if power steering leak sealant would work if I poor it in res? 

Don’t bother with that rubbish, you’ll end up replacing a pump or a rack at great expense! 

• Like 1

Ok I won’t bother using that stuff was just a idea, I’ve got it booked in a garage near where I’m working in the morning hopefully it won’t cost me to much

good luck with it. The rack was leaking on my Mk1 for about 4 years.  A couple of MOTs it was an advisory, one MOT they didnt spot it at all and the last mot failed it (and many other things!).

I have mk2 focus and power steering pipes do leak they are common fault. The union nut what hold pipes to pump fail, had get pipes and nut replaced about 250. Fords now have modified the pipes.

I have also had a power steering pressure switch fail they are on pump they cost bout 60 quid plus fitting. They make lot noise when turning.

See what the outcome is tomorrow hopefully they don’t pull my trousers down if it’s somethint small they are honest I’ve got a feeling it’s the hose because it’s leaking out straight away

Picking the car up in a minute needed a new power steering hose and the union nut I think he said £300.

I hope you got the reservoir replaced at the same time? They and the pipes attach to them all go eventually too

No I didn’t get the reservoir done he said it was all ok he just told me to keep a eye on one of the belts that sit near where the leak was where it’s bin getting leaked on where’s a little frey 

Shame, it's a cheap part to replace and is worth doing while it's all off.

It’s done now if I would have known before I would have made a point of bringing it to the mechanics attention never mind.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hello! I have a ford focus 1.6 ti 85 kw and my steering pump or hose has a leak..does someone know a good mechanic and a price in Wembley London or near to get it fixed? thank you!

Well when this thread was started back in the seventies there was a bloke called Arthur Daley who had a garage near you, but her indoors might have made him retire now.

index.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club