Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Sync 1.1 Update

jamieburchell

Hi

I have a 64 reg Ford Fiesta Titanium. I believe it has Ford Sync 1.1 (it has stuff in there about apps etc). I have been trying to find if there is an update for it. The Ford US, India and Australia websites which have been recommended on here no longer work, as either they require a zip code or my VIN is "invalid".

Is 4.00.08 the version I have? That's what I can see in the settings screen but there are half a dozen other identifiers too.

I'm interested in curing the "Because of the number of files on your media device some voice commands will not be available on this device" message every time I get in the car. I'm not sure what commands are not available, it seems to be working OK. Being able to turn off that message would be nice too.

Cheers

251784CA-0B1E-45E9-8E4E-D629F17AD7F6.jpeg

FFDFAC9C-D741-4D32-92CE-26F1509EF310.jpeg

I also think it's sync 1.1, but just to check keep scrolling down that screen you were on and you should come across either AM5T or D1BT. The latter indicating Sync 1.1. 

This topic has version 5.9 (maybe later) in it. Try downloading that, it's worked for others.

Hi!

It says E1BT-14D54

4-AE

Cheers

Jamie

3 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Yes that's also 1.1

Thanks. I re-read the thread, there's a link to what looks like the update but comments about one of the files being corrupt, then some further links. Do you happen to know if the original file is still corrupt?

I doubt they'd have changed it. I'd download the last posted one that someone said works and try that.

Ah I see the last link is the complete download I thought it was just some patched/fixed files

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I'll have a go tomorrow 😀

The update worked 👍🏻 5.9 installed.

Reindexed my USB drive fine, but every time I try to use voice commands I get "Sync is downloading audio information from your device, please wait to use voice commands". I've waited for 40 minutes so far. Doesn't look good. At least before it worked, but I got a warning every time I started the car 😞

Just following up in case it's useful to someone. When pulling away I get the "Due to the number of media files..." messsage and after a while of "Sync is downloading..." messages when trying to use voice control, it eventually works again. :happy:

Note that the latest SYNC 1.1 updates are no longer available as from the Ford Australia, Ford India, etc. websites.  The latest available version that is offered as a download is software version V5.9.

Software version V5.11 is currently the latest available version. This version can officially only be installed by a Ford dealer. However the update files to install the V5.11 update from a USB drive can be found on the ffclub.ru forum.

1 hour ago, JW1982 said:

Note that the latest SYNC 1.1 updates are no longer available as from the Ford Australia, Ford India, etc. websites.  The latest available version that is offered as a download is software version V5.9.

Software version V5.11 is currently the latest available version. This version can officially only be installed by a Ford dealer. However the update files to install the V5.11 update from a USB drive can be found on the ffclub.ru forum.

See my latest post: 

Thanks for the headsup

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club