Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine stop start hasn't worked for ages, now sometimes clock resets and wing-mirrors don't fold out.

RockandGrohl

Think the battery is knackered as the auto-stop of the Engine when in Neutral hasn't activated for at least 3 months. Now sometimes when I unlock my '13 Fiesta the wing mirrors don't fold out and the dashboard has reset the trip counter, clock, radio settings etc.

If it is the battery, what should I replace it with, is it a DIY job and where do I even get one from without breaking the bank? Thanks.

The battery for the stop / start models are high capacity and tend to be rather expensive.

Hi ive been doing alot of short runs just lately and start / stop is not working !! ,go for 15-20 mile

trip and its working again until doing short runs again !!!  Think battery is not at full capacity but every

thing else works fine and starts okay, looks like the original battery on 2014 plate!!

43 minutes ago, Steveostit14 said:

Hi ive been doing alot of short runs just lately and start / stop is not working !! ,go for 15-20 mile

trip and its working again until doing short runs again !!!  Think battery is not at full capacity but every

thing else works fine and starts okay, looks like the original battery on 2014 plate!!

That sounds about right - not much you can do apart from an even longer run or get  batter charger

2 hours ago, RockandGrohl said:

Think the battery is knackered as the auto-stop of the Engine when in Neutral hasn't activated for at least 3 months. Now sometimes when I unlock my '13 Fiesta the wing mirrors don't fold out and the dashboard has reset the trip counter, clock, radio settings etc.

If it is the battery, what should I replace it with, is it a DIY job and where do I even get one from without breaking the bank? Thanks.

Looks like you need: AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) batteries are designed specifically for larger, more demanding stop-start vehicles.

Looking at £150 to £200

I swapped my EFB for an AGM. paid £97 off eBay came with a 5-year warranty how good a warranty off eBay will be I hope not to find out. at 10 months old still working well.

only things to bear in mind is that the 096 agm is 15mm taller so the retaining plate for the battery has to be bent a little so it can be screwed down.

with the battery fully charged and installed, the vehicle has to be told of the new battery and to disregard the data it has on the old battery and learn the new. this is done by switching ignition on for 10 seconds then press fog switch 5 times then hazard switch 3 times the battery light will then flash to confirm the procedure was successful. switch off, job done. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club