Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Re-map query, other mods

S.hunt

I have 2.2 TDCI Tit X sport 13 reg, Been looking at remap quotes and potential outcomes, and one thing that is annoying me is how come the 2.0 TDCI engine has a more potential output in comparison to the 2.2 TDCI? every where I have looked I seem to get maximum of 15% more BHP where as the 2.0 can get around 30% more. Just confused as to why this is? could someone make me understand please? I would like to get a remap but I don't want to pay the money for such a low outcome.

Also does anyone know if this model can fit ST calipers on it. Having 19" alloys and a small caliper just seems out of place. I don't want to have cover ones just wondering if ST ones will fit?

Cheers

Are the gains greater with the torque?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes get anywhere around 60-80nm gain. I understand that it is not all about BHP that torque is more of a value to look at in a diesel engine. 

• Like 1

Basically the 2.2 TDCi is designed as a sporty engine so already tuned towards power.  The 2.0 is tuned more towards better fuel efficiency, lower emissions and lower insurance group rather than power, so there's more scope for power increase with it.

Thank you for clearing that up, so I imagine if I wanted to get more power I would have to do further tuning than just a re map? 

The 2.0 is a much more popular engine, not just in the Mondeo but across Ford's and a number of other manufacturer's models, so it probably has a lot more "experience" and tuners working on it.

Also, are you just comparing increases or the total output? I.e. have you seen 2.0s with higher max output than the 2.2?

The 2.2 is just a longer stroke version of the 2.0 which will limit it's gains. They both have the same bore and therefore piston surface area.

I suppose the benefit I gain is bit of power, more torque, with better throttle response and limiters removed? 

Next question is who is reputable to use to get one done?

Bluefin is often recommended on here, unless you are looking for a bespoke tune?

Depends where abouts you are in Derbyshire but DERVTech in Manchester are good with most diesels.  Might be worth asking them what sort of power they can get from a 2.2.

I'd probably go with Bluefin on that particular engine though, not the most power but at least it's tried and tested so less chance of any problems.

• Like 1

Thank you for the help. I don't suppose you know anything of my other question do you? bout the brake calipers? is this something that can be done on this model also?

Not sure about the brake upgrade on the Mondeo myself but I'm sure someone else can advise there.

No worries thanks again for the help 

Can any 1 help my 2008 focus st3 date clocks only go up 2 2013

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, luckybanditt said:

Can any 1 help my 2008 focus st3 date clocks only go up 2 2013

You've posted this in the wrong place a couple of times now mate.  I did reply to one, but maybe the mods deleted it.  You need to set the date to 23.59 on 31/12/13, then wait 1 minute so it changes over to 1/1/14, then you can change the year up to 2018.  I don't know why it works like that but it does work.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club