Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.25 Timing belt/chain interval?

Shaunhastie

Hi all, 

Just wondering when is the interval for the timing belt/chain?

Thanks

Shaun

100k or 8 yrs whichever comes first and its a belt

It's 10 years or 100k as in my Ford book and been on here before,if the car has done very very low mileage I wouldn't know what to do like on my 1.6 petrol 2011,like 40k and 10 years ?? As I have done 27k now and coming to 7 years old.

Iantt might be right on your engine but i know mine is what i said above.

most up to date (today)recommended interval for all duratec 16v variants from 2008-2012 is

Camshaft drive belt - Every 100 000 miles/8 years - Renew (LTS 21 304 9)

1 hour ago, jace1969 said:

It's 10 years or 100k as in my Ford book and been on here before,if the car has done very very low mileage I wouldn't know what to do like on my 1.6 petrol 2011,like 40k and 10 years ?? As I have done 27k now and coming to 7 years old.

Iantt might be right on your engine but i know mine is what i said above.

out of curiosity which ford book has 10yr interval? 

5 hours ago, jace1969 said:

[...] f the car has done very very low mileage I wouldn't know what to do like on my 1.6 petrol 2011,like 40k and 10 years ?? As I have done 27k now and coming to 7 years old.

Just whichever comes first - most likely the 10yr point in your case!

That's why both distance and time are specified as they are both factors causing potential degradation.

When I had the car I had a Ford card/book which states the service stuff to do over years/miles whatever comes first also i did ask ford and said the same.

MJnewton above said the same and i always thought 10 or 100k,i never wait that long so if 10 mine would be done at 8 but just the mileage as i will be

around 40k as on 27k,good to know if you would still have it done on so low mileage but hit the years.

ShaunHastie.....Glad you started this Topic again as i forgot about it.

ford change there minds about cam belt change intervals more often than you think during a production run over many years. thats why the latest info from etis overides any printed format

the reason i knew it was 8yrs was lad at work had to do three this week and being relativley new had to check.

5 hours ago, iantt said:

ford change there minds about cam belt change intervals more often than you think during a production run over many years. thats why the latest info from etis overides any printed format

the reason i knew it was 8yrs was lad at work had to do three this week and being relativley new had to check.

I will give our local ford a ring where i take mine

Update...........Yes you are right 8 years now was 10 but being a rubber belt they have taken 2 years off as rubber can crack and stuff..Dam it.(Rang Ford)

Well 7 years this July for me so close,another £350 bill and more if i have the pump done which i normally do.

6 hours ago, iantt said:

Even Etis can be ambiguous; for example if you look at the 8yr service schedule for a 16v Manual Duratec Fiesta 08/2001-08/2005 it still says:

Camshaft drive belt

Every 100 000 miles/10 years - Renew (with auto-tensioner) (LTS 21 304 9)

Incidentally, I have no doubt that it's now 8 years - not least given that the 10yr schedule doesn't have it included any more. Either way they are both admirably long service intervals compared to many (most?) engines.

• 2 weeks later...

Reading these comments is making me more inclined to buy a belt soon and get it changed. I have a 99 mk4, running a 1.25 zetec-s engine. I have had the car on the road for just under a year and hadn't given the cam belt much thought, but now i think its time to renew it. The car has only done 90,000 since new, and as i bought car from eBay, no service history. :wacko:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club