Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil leaks from Gearbox case

raulk2

My 17 plate Edge Sports has had its first service last Fri, everything was fine BUT the reports indicated that oil leaks from Gearbox case, however it is covered by warranty. Another service aims to sort it out has been booked for this Friday.

Mine has had 16K miles.

Has anyone got the similar issue?

Hope yours are good. 

I had my interim check at the end of January with no issues reported. 

What intervals are these supposed to be- am I right in thinking it 18000 miles or 18 months?

Just booked my car in for its 12 month check. Main dealer I bought the car from confirmed the service interval as 18,000 miles / 24-months and then quoted £304 for a 12-month check on a car with 6,000 miles... They had no idea about the 12-month check and offered a free ‘health check’ (oil, water and tyre pressures) or a 24-month service.

Called another (smaller) dealer who knew exactly what I wanted, quoted £39.95 for it, yet had only sold 3 Edges ever! I mentioned the auto-relock issue and they are prepared to look at getting it sorted. What a difference in attitude. Car booked in for next week and I get a free courtesy car!

Back in August 2017, whilst my Edge in for free interim service (probably from many various faults I had with car), an oil leak was found from (basically) the rear differential.

This was repaired under warrenty.

Dave

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club