Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cold Air in footwell (drivers side)

internetstatic

Hello,

I have been experiencing a cold draft entering my Ford Focus 2012 when in motion. The cold air enter right where the steering column exits the cabin (not sure if I am using the right terms here). I am guessing a DIY fix is needed or seals need replacing.

Can someone please advise how to go about it.

Many thanks.

i take it you haven`t got the heating controls set to blow hot/cold air around footwell section of the car then ?

19 minutes ago, andypsp said:

i take it you haven`t got the heating controls set to blow hot/cold air around footwell section of the car then ?

As Andy says, also noting that if the fan is off, but temp control on cold, you may still have residual air pass through as you drive!

4 hours ago, andypsp said:

4 hours ago, Micro said:

As Andy says, also noting that if the fan is off, but temp control on cold, you may still have residual air pass through as you drive!

It is all nice and cosy when the heating is on. I am just surprised by the amount of cold air that rushes in when the heating is off. I didn't notice that in any of the previous cars that I've owned that's all. : )

I will try and click a pic and post tomorrow, maybe someone can advise if it is missing a part.

Thanks again for your replies.

Does it still do it if the temp control is on hot (and engine warmed up) with fan off?

I have noticed it recently too well my g/f mostly and seems when you turn it is worse.

Heres a funny one, some times, if you turn the car to the right you can get a cold blast of air from around the centre consol regardless of what the heater temp is set to. I know for a fact someone else on here has experienced the same thing but I cant remember who it was and I'm still none the wiser how it happens. :blink:

The area behind the center console houses the cabin filter I wonder if there is some error in its design.

hi dee I get this to only if iam doing a full turn in one go

Most cars have this to some degree, turn your heater off and open the front windows the tiniest crack, the pressure difference outside you'll feel cold air rushing in around your feet :) 

Mikeyp @ TMS Motorsport
Email us : sales@tmsmotorsport.co.uk

whatsapp-25px.png
WhatsApp us for fast response : +447979127236
TMS Motorsport – AP Racing – BUY ONLINE

-   We ship worldwide to your door  -

-  Currently Breaking for parts – Hawkeye Subaru Impreza  - Honda S2000 -