Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta MK IV driver side tail lights not working - fog and brake work

JG0

Hi all.

I have a MK IV Ford Fiesta, 2001.

My drivers side tail light isn't working. The fog and brake lights work. At first I assumed it was the bulbs, but I've tried each of the bulbs in the fog light slot and all of the bulbs work when put there, so it isn't that.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

I just switched the fuses around, according to this diagram:

Feut9y3.jpg

And these instructions (though my fuses were 7.5 amp):

http://www.autogenius.info/ford-fiesta-mk4-fuse-box-diagram/

F6 10 LH sidelights
F7 10 RH sidelight

And there's no change. The passenger side rear lights are still working and the drivers side rear lights aren't.

2 hours ago, JG0 said:

And there's no change. The passenger side rear lights are still working and the drivers side rear lights aren't.

If it is not a bulb, fuse or the light fitting (bulb socket), then it almost has to be a broken wire, or a bad connector somewhere in the wiring. Check the wires and connector (if it has one) to the rear light cluster.

If it proves too hard to trace the wiring, I would just connect a wire across the car to the other rear sidelight. They are only 6W bulbs usually, or 1/2 an amp, so there is plenty of spare capacity on the fuse and wiring, even allowing for the surge current when turning them on.

On 2/8/2018 at 12:21 AM, Tdci-Peter said:

If it is not a bulb, fuse or the light fitting (bulb socket), then it almost has to be a broken wire, or a bad connector somewhere in the wiring. Check the wires and connector (if it has one) to the rear light cluster.

If it proves too hard to trace the wiring, I would just connect a wire across the car to the other rear sidelight. They are only 6W bulbs usually, or 1/2 an amp, so there is plenty of spare capacity on the fuse and wiring, even allowing for the surge current when turning them on.

Fixed!

Prior to your reply I'd already ordered a holder for the rear bulbs for £6 from eBay:

wbDz8fn.jpg

It arrived today so I fitted it and it worked!

I was getting ready to try and trace the wiring, so I was glad it didn't come to that, haha.

Thanks very much for your help, appreciated.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club