Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help with connector?

liamstears

Hey, can anyone help in identifying this connector type and where I can get a mating connector from?

It's from the reverse camera...

20180207_232136.jpg

20180207_232204.jpg

You will probably struggle to find something, I believe it’s called a Fakra plug. When I did my camera I just cut the plug off and soldered the individual wires together then insulated them with heat shrink. You could try Ford parts, see if hey carry them.

6 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Jonro is right,i just cut mine on my Genuine reverse camera as it packed in and used the wires and changed it.

I think its one of the Fakra group of connectors as there are a few of them,mine is the smaller one.

• Like 1

Ok decided to cut it lol

Anyone know the pinout?

Looks to be a 6 pin plug
Pin 1 Brown
Pin 2 Green
Pin 3 Yellow
Pin 4 White
Pin 5 Grey
Pin 6 Black

So far I'm thinking:
Pin 1/Brown = Power +
Pin 2/Green = BCM
Pin 3/Yellow = RCA/Video -
Pin 4/White = RCA?Video +
Pin 5/Grey = Power -/Ground
Pin 6/Black = Shield (can be left unconnected)

Anyone able to confirm those pinouts?

Give me a few minutes and I’ll let you know the correct wires to match up

Are the OEM wires all solid colours or do they have stripes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolutely spot on fella! I did not connect up my BCM wire as it was not a genuine ford camera I was using, and the black wire that should have been in pin 6 was hanging loose. I did a wee test before I soldered by using block connectors, didn’t want to do all that hard work making it look ‘pretty’ if it didn’t work! You might be able to yours now too @jace1969 if all of Liam’s Work proves to be correct, which it should. Keep us posted on you results Liam.82d6f4cf20611f80f7e9e0c555bb7f27.jpg

Ignore the red wire on the right, I snipped that off as it was on the RCA lead and I didn’t use it.

Jon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine was a different layout,my green Fakra was dead as i checked it so that was just cut and left and put a new RCA lead through to run a NON ford camera.

The other black connector hanging was the camera end so i cut this a good 3 inches from the connector so i still had the plug on then just joined the 3 x wires to

another camera and then you can just see the other end of the black connector which is in the ford loom which i left in and put the cheap camera to it.

I had 3 wires ..........1 was ignition live.....2 was reverse live......3 was earth and then connect my new video lead up and done.

Works a treat but mine is the pre-facelift set up which aint a big different if you take away the BCM stuff.

Mine how i done it look neat and ok but soldiering and me are a no go so for now just rapped them together with insulation tape and fused.

One day i will put 3 spades or bullets on them but i have a very short amount of wire from the ford loom and the wire is so fine/brittle.

IMG_1449.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Any update on on this @liamstears

Yes

Fit today, cut the connector off and used a different 6 pin connector

Connected up to bcm and bcm features work perfect

Unfortunately though found out the camera I bought is slightly faulty so now need to find another :-(

Will post a pic up at some point when I remember, also need to write a guide for retrofitting electric rest windows ;-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club