Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2001 Clutch Problems

Meyhos

Might be that you clutch slave / release bearing are not compatible with your new clutch.  Ideally you need to buy a kit which includes all the parts you need i.e. friction plate, pressure plate release bearing/slave.

• 8 months later...

Hi All

Well. This happened. I bought a new car - A renault Espace, 2'nd hand. I tried again to fix the Ford but no luck. Then last week Monday on the way to work the Timing belt on the Espace broke. A mate borrowed me his car for the week so I had to get one car running before today ;). I searched around for a new gearbow and found one at the scrapyard for €150. I then started the reassembly job on Friday afternoon. EVERYTHING that could go wrong did go wrong. I struggled my butt off getting the gearbox back on. 4th time that I did it. And that back screw on the engine mount is my personal demon. I have very big hands they are cut to ribbons. The last time my hands looked like this is way back when when crayfish season opened.

I managed to get everything back on to be able to test the clutch and bled it and tried. AND it worked - the wheel thingies turned!!! I was sooooo happy. The it took me almost another day to put back everything. Like I said - almost everything went wrong. When I tried to put back the screw that keep the brakes on the thread was gone and I had to recut the thread and the one tire bolt stripped as well. I bled it again and bled the brakes as well and took it for a test drive and it drove! Champagne all around! I then changed the oil and added powersteering fluid etc.

I still have a issue or two. The battery was dead so I changed that this morning and changed two tires as well. What happens now is you drive and all is well and when you stop and put the clutch in the revs would go up to around 3000 and stay there for a few seconds and the go down to 1000. Don't know why that is. Also the key won't turn in the ignition each time. You have to wiggle it around and then suddenly it turns. But that takes around 2 or 3 minutes. Will check on te formum if there is any advice for this.

But it drives and now I have to learn how to change the timing belt on a Renault Espace... Wish me luck - and that nothing is broken inside...

• Like 1

The key problem was that the original key is very worn. I tried the spare key and works 100%.

For the revving problem I bought EGR valve cleaner in a spray bottle and injection cleaner that goes into the tank as well. Guy said to only add it when tank has quater left and I filled up the car yesterday morning since it is a well known and generally accepted fact that car runs better when their tanks are full.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club