Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre recommendations

lloydyyy

1 hour ago, lloydyyy said:

The new tyres are on. The garage mentioned that they were impressed with the new tyres and asked a bit more about them.

Then I took it to my usual place to have the tracking done. But one of the guys said that there track rod ends are completely siezed. I've got the car booked in for a week's time. They'll try getting the track rod ends off, clean and grease them otherwise it'll be about £30-£40 per side for new track rod ends.

What tyres did you go for in the end? 

On 17/03/2018 at 1:37 PM, zain611 said:

What tyres did you go for in the end? 

I went for the Kumho Ecsta HS51, they did fairly well in recent tests.

The steering feels lighter than usual - I'll let some air out of the tyres if the garage put too much in and I'll see how the tyres scrub in during the week.

2 hours ago, Gigabit said:

Anyone fitted CrossClimate+?

I would've fitted these if they were available in my tyre size. The PS3 seems good but is a sporty tyre and wears quite quickly.

The Kumhos feel a bit better this morning after scrubbing in a bit more. I'll see how they go as the week goes on.

On 18/03/2018 at 9:59 PM, lloydyyy said:

I went for the Kumho Ecsta HS51, they did fairly well in recent tests.

The steering feels lighter than usual - I'll let some air out of the tyres if the garage put too much in and I'll see how the tyres scrub in during the week.

Might not necessary be overinflated, new tyres have less rubber in contact with the road when compared to worn and generally provide less feel, so will normally feel lighter..

12 minutes ago, G.P said:

Might not necessary be overinflated, new tyres have less rubber in contact with the road when compared to worn and generally provide less feel, so will normally feel lighter..

I checked the pressures and they were about 36 PSI, so I let some air out to drop the pressure to 29 PSI. After a few days they seem to be gripping a lot better but it sounds like they'll get better as time goes on and as they wear a bit more.