Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2014 1.5tdci recall

Iaintruten

Hi Guys has anyone else had there car recalled with the 1.5tdci because of the cam sprocket? As Im arguing with the dealer just now as the sold me the car with the outstanding recall on it, they said they will do it and replace timing belt etc baring in mind my car has done 30000, but I'm arguing on the basis that they are doing the timing belt they should be also doing the water pump consider they sold me it like so and plus with a new tensioner and belt etc on it my view is it would put slightly more strain on the water pump. Was just to see what everyone else thinks, if the worst comes to the worst I'll pay for the pump to be done as no point leaving it if they are doing all that.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I've had it done. No issues. There was a TSB about it, they should be replacing all the parts and carrying out the work as per the TSB.

Yeah the water pump isn't on it as I saw the TSB at the dealer but the dealer are going to do it for me since I cracked up regarding the fact they sold me a car with a outstanding recall, was meant to be done today but they have had to order the pump in and will do it tomorrow.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Iaintruten said:

Yeah the water pump isn't on it as I saw the TSB at the dealer but the dealer are going to do it for me since I cracked up regarding the fact they sold me a car with a outstanding recall, was meant to be done today but they have had to order the pump in and will do it tomorrow.

Good man, stick to your guns.

make sure it is a genuine water pump and not a cheap one. A cheap one may well fail earlier than your original one would have done if left in place.  if it was a choice of non-genuine new one or leave old one on there I would prefer leave old one on there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, isetta said:

make sure it is a genuine water pump and not a cheap one. A cheap one may well fail earlier than your original one would have done if left in place.  if it was a choice of non-genuine new one or leave old one on there I would prefer leave old one on there

+1

Yeah it is, that was one of the reasons I had to wait as they had a aftermarket one in but told them no, once I get it back the covers will be coming off to make sure they have done it lol.

On 13/02/2018 at 8:06 AM, isetta said:

If they fit a non-genuine part then they just voided your warranty pretty much on the repair I'm sure.

Yeah it was all genuine but left the car over the weekend and popped the bonnet to this lol, put another 2 litres In it and was watching it bubbling away, so can only think there is air in the system or they have made a balls up of the pump, I take it these cars are self bleeding, my only other concern was when squeezing the hoses couldn't really feel any pressure which isn't good, so have ran the riot act with the dealer and it is back down there as it was fine before the recall got done.8642dfb473cc0919fb8606154821d4c3.jpg