Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK1 focus, can't find plug leads that fit!?

Loofer

I need a set of plug leads for a 1.6 mk1 2003 focus (petrol) engine code FYDB. I've bought two sets from ffyfes and both sets were too long so they didn't seal against the opening in the cam cover, they just flopped around. So I then tried a set from Bosch (0 986 357 208) which is listed as suitable for the car, 1 plug was shorter than the rest, the 3 long ones were 10mm too long (105mm against 95mm) and the short one was perfect.  Can anyone direct me to a reliable make that will be the correct length? it's bizarre to have so many problems finding such a common part for a common car.

new plugs.jpg

new and old plugs.jpg

have a look at eurocarparts website product codes.........

Product Code: 409595441

Product Code: 409595440

3 hours ago, Loofer said:

Thanks Andy I'll pop down to my local and check those out.

no probs order them both online and get 35% off then go to pick them up and look at them before you buy :biggrin:

Too keen mate, had them bought and all before I read this but I'll know for next time, fitted perfectly, misfire gone!

great to hear so you finally got a set that fit no probs then :biggrin: did you get them from eurocarparts then 

I did and it finally solved my problem but only after replacing the fuel filter, battery, coil pack, air filter, crankcase vent pipe and cleaning the injectors......

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club