Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Style 100 2009 mk2 more horse power?

Byron3698

I am new 

I am wanting to make my Ford Focus 1.6 style 100 petrol faster I know I can put and cold air intake but is they any other way to make it have more power 

Not without spending mega cash I'm afraid. I think even with a custom remap youd be lucky to see more than about 10% increase.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you want more power you should sell the car and buy yourself a more powerful one.

Getting considerably more power out of a naturally aspirated engine is perfectly possible but also very expensive. Just a cold air intake will not bring much extra power (if not done correctly you will even loose power).

Despite being a naturally aspirated engine the 1.6 Duratec engine has quite some potential. However quite some modifications needs to be performed to gain a relative low amount of power. 

* Performance exhaust system or custom made performance exhaust system (including exhaust manifold and cat).
* Modified/optimized air intake (air filter, intake manifold, ported cilinder head, enlarged throttle body, etc.).
* Performance camshafts.
* Adjustable camshaft timing sprockets.
* Custom remap.

With these modifications it is possible to achieve aproximately 125 to 130 HP. 

Be aware that this type of engine (like many other Ford engines) generally has slightly more horsepower than specified by Ford. There are many examples of stock 1.6 Duratec engines that have approximately 108 to 112 HP (mine did have 109 HP). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

thank you very much has help me a lot I never new that with ford engines they can have more house power then it says 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club