Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf

Doug F

Hi guys does anyone know if the 2011-15 1.6l duratorq ct tc (115ps) -dv6 engine is fitted with a dpf.was looking at a 2011 estate titanium and wondered if it has one.tia doug

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

Yep

Thanks Alex.

Yes but it's a modern coated DPF.  Not the same as the ones that caused the problems with the previous shape Focus.  There aren't any diesels without DPFs after ~2011 that I know of.

26 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yes but it's a modern coated DPF.  Not the same as the ones that caused the problems with the previous shape Focus.  There aren't any diesels without DPFs after ~2011 that I know of.

Some 1.4 fiestas went without one for quite a bit. Not after the facelift though.

Also even the coated dpfs that don't need fluid will get blocked up if you do short journeys. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

Some 1.4 fiestas went without one for quite a bit. Not after the facelift though.

Also even the coated dpfs that don't need fluid will get blocked up if you do short journeys. 

Yeah true, I wouldn't recommend a modern diesel for a 2 mile school run each day, but the coated DPF should be able to cope with mixed driving much better than the additive type.  I'm still in the testing stage with mine though lol.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys I have a 59 plate 1.6  duratorq 90ps dv6 estate on 103k full service history oil changes ever 6k original clutch,turbo and cambelt.not so nice round the edges but reliable (fingers crossed now I said it) .i saw a nice 1.6 tdci titanium estate grey with 60k and was thinking about a change but was worried about the dpf horror stories. I drive 6miles at least into town and back and my car is up to running temp before I hit town tho.what should I look out for in the later 11-15 models its a 1.6 duratorq 115ps dv6.or should I run this one as long as not to expensive it has passed last two mots with only two advisories two nails in a tyre and a small buckle in one of the steel wheels.. Thanks doug

Original cambelt on 103k?  That's pushing it a bit lol!

At 6 miles to town and back a day I'd probably avoid a DPF tbh.  Does your current car have a DPF?  I know the very late 90ps mk2s did have them but yours might have just missed it.

If you do go for the mk3, check for water leaks in the boot.  Make sure the air con works.  And just generally make sure it's been serviced well and looked after.  There were some clutch issues too so make sure the clutch is fine.

Thanks for the advice Tom,timing belt is 125k in the book my mechanic had a peek at 100k big service and said looks  good.i have the non dpf engine will keep in mind what you said when look at the titanium later in the week.

6 miles to town and back will block the DPF faster than you can say "Why does my car feel sluggish", if that's your typical mileage/journey then when the time comes get a petrol.  On journeys as short as your you won't be getting much of the MPG benefits of diesel but with a newer diesel in particular you'll have all the downsides such as a DPF to worry about.

1 hour ago, 1979Damian said:

6 miles to town and back will block the DPF faster than you can say "Why does my car feel sluggish", if that's your typical mileage/journey then when the time comes get a petrol.  On journeys as short as your you won't be getting much of the MPG benefits of diesel but with a newer diesel in particular you'll have all the downsides such as a DPF to worry about.

It's six in six out but I do longer runs to Damian,I will be looking at petrol station to.i get 56 mpg combined just now thanks for your reply.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club