Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk3 model config query

Stodgey

my mk3 focus zetec 1.0 ecoboost 125 has drum brakes at the rear, however every site that I go to and put the reg plate in is telling me I should have discs.

Anyone else have this configuration on their 1.0 125 EB zetec or has my car been built by a plum?

As far I know only the 1.5 ecoboost and 1.6 ecoboosts and 2.0 TDCi came with rear discs sadly, I thought they ditched drums on the new Fiesta but I've only seen them with rear drums up to now, absolutely pathetic really in 2018 I've seen Yaris and Aygo's with discs -.-.

• Like 2

I had a MK3 2013 1.6 Titanium X and now a MK3.5 2017 1.5 Titanium X and both have drums on the back.

1 minute ago, SuttonRider said:

I had a MK3 2013 1.6 Titanium X and now a MK3.5 2017 1.5 Titanium X and both have drums on the back.

They're diesels though arnt they? I know the 1.6 NA petrol has drums same with the 1.6 TDCi and 1.5 TDCi

Whether a car has drum brakes or disc brakes depends on the market (country) the car is built for. The country representative / importer specifies the configuration. In most European countries the Focus MK3 / MK3.5 has rear disc brakes as standard. However in some countries the lower HP versions or lower trim levels have rear drum brakes (probably to reduce costs).

My German spec. 125 HP 1.0 ECOboost hatchback has rear discs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The 1.0 Zetec as an estate comes with discs. I really don't know how they worked it out.

I think on the new fiesta it now depends on engine power (over 100PS?) and the MK4 focus will probably follow suit.

• Like 1

Next question then i guess is how difficult is it to convert the drums to discs? Or will upgrading the fronts to drilled suffice? as ive tinkered with the car and its now pushing close to 170bhp (estimate) and slowing down from “some miles per hour” can be a squeaky bum moment at times.

Converting my rear drums to discs is still on my to do list but I can imagine my insurance company wouldn't be too keen.

I may just paint the drums instead - a nice colour obviously increases their efficiency :)

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

Converting my rear drums to discs is still on my to do list but I can imagine my insurance company wouldn't be too keen.

I may just paint the drums instead - a nice colour obviously increases their efficiency :)

Hi,

If you do have any issues with insurance at all then please feel to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club