Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New aftermarket head unit and factory fit bluetooth

rhyds

My 2010 Focus Zetec has the factory fitted 6000CD unit and bluetooth with voice control. I've a few questions regarding upgrading to an aftermarket head unit:

1: Is it possible to keep the original bluetooth system with an aftermarket head unit, or does it rely on having an OE Ford head unit?

2: If it isn't possible to keep the original bluetooth unit, can the original fit microphone be connected to an aftermarket head unit? From what I gather it connects directly to the bluetooth unit but I'm unsure what the connector type is. 

32 minutes ago, rhyds said:

My 2010 Focus Zetec has the factory fitted 6000CD unit and bluetooth with voice control. I've a few questions regarding upgrading to an aftermarket head unit:

1: Is it possible to keep the original bluetooth system with an aftermarket head unit, or does it rely on having an OE Ford head unit?

2: If it isn't possible to keep the original bluetooth unit, can the original fit microphone be connected to an aftermarket head unit? From what I gather it connects directly to the bluetooth unit but I'm unsure what the connector type is. 

ive bought an aftermaret head unit i think the bt is built into the head unit.the nicro phone i was going to splice into the microphone so i can use the mic in the roof would like to be able to use the mic without splicing but not sure how or where the connections are

The BT module is useless without the OE headunit. not only that but you might have issues with the car not going to sleep if you plug in a new headunit. 

My cluster wouldn't sleep until I disconnected the old Ford BT module . strange but true.

The original Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system consists of a seperate CANbus module (Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module) that communicates with several CANbus modules (for example the radio and the instrument cluster).

The Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module only works if combined with a suitible original radio. The system will not work with an aftermarket radio.

When installing an aftermarket radio you will loose the bluetooth and Voicecontrol functionality. 

The original microphone is not suitible for any aftermarket radio. The original microphone has a completely different electrical resistance. 

I changed my oem headunit out and removed the stock Bluetooth/voice module and microphone and sold them with the headunit. New one came with it all built in and the new mic sits neatly above the int mirror and is hardly noticeable 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave1981 said:

I changed my oem headunit out and removed the stock Bluetooth/voice module and microphone and sold them with the headunit. New one came with it all built in and the new mic sits neatly above the int mirror and is hardly noticeable 

Hi there Dave'

Thinking of doing this myself as I don't have bluetooth in my car, can you elaborate on what set up/extras you've fitted please. Don't want to pay hundreds for it as I'm never in the car long enough to listen to it for ages. But it would be nice to have bluetooth for my music collection on my phone and to answer my phone ( not that I get many phone calls ) # got no friends lol

plugging in a new HU is literally just plug and play. dead easy, finding a good one is the tricky bit. 

1 hour ago, wilto said:

Hi there Dave'

Thinking of doing this myself as I don't have Bluetooth in my car, can you elaborate on what set up/extras you've fitted please. Don't want to pay hundreds for it as I'm never in the car long enough to listen to it for ages. But it would be nice to have Bluetooth for my music collection on my phone and to answer my phone ( not that I get many phone calls ) # got no friends lol

Most stereos have the bt connect with a built in mic and work just the same.

I've got a Kenwood dmx7017dab HU with audison prima component Speakers front and rear, also fitted the Kenwood reversing camera and soon goons get the dashcam too as they all link up together. 

HU cost me £400 though, not cheap but then it does everything, usb, apple carplay, android auto support, bluetooth, Dab. It is mechless though so no CDs. 

Thanks for the advice everyone. Looks like I'm better off removing everything and running the lot (bluetooth etc) via the new head unit. My "spare" head unit has bluetooth etc. but I'll need to stash a replacement mic somewhere.

On another note, would the adaptor harness and remote control unit for a pre-facelift Focus MK2 work in a post facelift one?

I believe so but I'm sure someone on here can give u a definite answer.. 

On 11/02/2018 at 9:43 PM, wilto said:

Hi there Dave'

Thinking of doing this myself as I don't have Bluetooth in my car, can you elaborate on what set up/extras you've fitted please. Don't want to pay hundreds for it as I'm never in the car long enough to listen to it for ages. But it would be nice to have Bluetooth for my music collection on my phone and to answer my phone ( not that I get many phone calls ) # got no friends lol

ahh ill be your friend lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Lol...I was looking round the ford dealers a few months ago...told the salesman I was after a Titanium but it became obvious they didn't stock any in my budget...  He tried to sell me a Zetec by saying 'it's still well specced, even got bluetooth!'.  As if I have any friends... :laugh::lol:

If it's just for music, USB works just as well and won't be draining the phone battery.

1 hour ago, wilto said:

You lot are all my friends 🤗🤗😂😂👍👍

can you feel the love in hear :wub:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club