Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door lock sticks in frosty weather

MrsMcBee

Hi there, I am wondering if anyone is having or has had the same problem as I've been getting on frosty mornings? My driver's door unlocks but the handle doesn't recede and the door won't close. I have tried all the other doors (it's a 4 door) and they don't seem to have the problem. I have to put the air blower on full blast and wait about 10 minutes until I hear a clunk from inside the door then it's fine.

I just thought it was a strange thing for only one door to suffer with it in a frost but surely this isn't right?

Sounds like there’s some moisture around the inside of the door lock and it needs a drop of something like WD40 squirting into the lock – why not nip into you nearest Ford dealer and have a word with them about it :)

HTH

cyb

Sounds like there’s some moisture around the inside of the door lock and it needs a drop of something like WD40 squirting into the lock – why not nip into you nearest Ford dealer and have a word with them about it :)

HTH

cyb

Already tried that :)

It's "keyless entry" so I'm not sure if that's anything to do with it. I just wondered if anyone else had the same problem. I will be booking it in with them though.

Mine would not lock at one point and turned out the actual lock was frozen lol. Bit of heat and it locked again

I just thought it was a strange thing for only one door to suffer with it in a frost but surely this isn't right?

You sure this isn't because of the way you park? You might park with the other doors more sheltered from the elements? =]

You sure this isn't because of the way you park? You might park with the other doors more sheltered from the elements? =]

Strangely enough, I park alongside the other half's Ka so the driver's side is sheltered by his car (which in turn is sheltered by an 8ft wall). That's why I thought it odd because if it had been the passenger side, which is exposed, then I would have understood it but all other locks are fine, just the driver door. Like S666LER says happened with his, I think the entire lock was frozen but it seems to happen every time there's a frost for me.

• 7 years later...

I know this is an old post but its relevant to me as the 2011 focus drivers keyless door lock freezes up in cold weather. There may be other posts about it but I cant find them

Tried wd40 etc into lock but it still freezes .

I think as the wd40 stuff doesn't/cant  get into the problem area it still freezes,  anyone had this problem recently and found a foolproof cure ? 

Don't like using de-icer into locks as it tends to put water into the lock leaving it more prone to freezing up

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club