Bannko

HOW TO: SYNC2 --> SYNC3 upgrade

Stupid question alert!

I have just upgraded to SYNC 3, thank you so much @mastachaz. It was very easy compared to how I had dreaded it! I have one issue remaining, the new USB Hub. I have ordered a replacement hub and adapter loom from Ebay. I have connected the loom to the hub and the connector that goes into the existing power connector is a little big, but fits. There is no power to the hub though..

So in true fault-finding mode, I thought I would see if it is the hub or the loom connection. If I was to splice the wires etc, I would have to do it when the existing power connector is in place as I have a Mk 3 Facelift and the cables are already in place. Clearly there would be voltage going through it when switched on, but is there when switched off? I guess what I am trying to say is, If got in and didn't switch the ignition on, could I cut of the connector and splice to the existing loom? Would I need to disconnect the battery or is it safe to work on in situ? Then try the the hub to see if the new one is duff or do I go to Ford and buy a new hub as that's more likely the problem?

Advice please? Thank you in advance.

hi, all I'm new around here I just got a 2016 st3 with sync2 and was looking to upgrade to sync3. but all of the screens and apim's I've seen on eBay and other places are for different modals "Kuga", "explorer", Mondeo" ext are they all the same just with different brackets. please help thanks Jack.

9 hours ago, Jack C said:

hi, all I'm new around here I just got a 2016 st3 with sync2 and was looking to upgrade to sync3. but all of the screens and apim's I've seen on eBay and other places are for different modals "Kuga", "explorer", Mondeo" ext are they all the same just with different brackets. please help thanks Jack.

I believe they are yes just different brackets. 

@samevansinworthi i have not played there with wire splinting but in general it is always recommended to disconnect the battery first 🙂 . But i guess you already solved the issue?

@Jack C hi jack is just the brackets. Of course when you buy it from different model then Focus it requires a little bit more effort to configure it correctly. 

And i do not recommend to buy a US nav unit, as it has smaller disk space and you will have problems in the future to load there EU nav maps.

Thanks Banko! Managed to sort it without disconnecting. All installed and updated and better than Sync 2!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Bannko said:

@samevansinworthi i have not played there with wire splinting but in general it is always recommended to disconnect the battery first 🙂 . But i guess you already solved the issue?

@Jack C hi jack is just the brackets. Of course when you buy it from different model then Focus it requires a little bit more effort to configure it correctly. 

And i do not recommend to buy a US nav unit, as it has smaller disk space and you will have problems in the future to load there EU nav maps.

Ok thanks for the help bannko and tommo17

Bit of a thread revival here. 

Just done this, everything is working except obstacle detection, it didn’t do anything before so I added A to the 7D0-01-01 line. 

Now the picture of the car comes up, I can here the sensors beeping but there’s no red/orange/green blocks around the little car to  show how close am to something. And which sensor is beeping at me.

any thought?

thsnk you. 

Matt

Hi Matt, 

I have somewhere a huge list of Forscan values for the APIM Sync3 and all the settings. On Monday i will be back from holyday and i will try to find it and attach it here. It will maybe help you to set it up correctly. 

Tom

2 hours ago, Bannko said:

Hi Matt, 

I have somewhere a huge list of Forscan values for the APIM Sync3 and all the settings. On Monday i will be back from holyday and i will try to find it and attach it here. It will maybe help you to set it up correctly. 

Tom

That would be great. 

I did backup my sync2 settings but forscan chucks up an error when loading them into sync3. 

Great guide btw. 

Thanks

matt

9 hours ago, Bannko said:

@matt77303 Hi Matt, in the attachment is the file with Forscan list of changes for SYNC3 APIM

FORScan 2015-2018 - APIM (Sync3).pdf 60.9 kB · 4 downloads

Thanks for that. 

Saved for future reference. I can’t see any reason why this isn’t working. 

From what I read today it doesn’t like it if there are DTC on the car. 

I have one that I can’t shift. 

0de86785-eed2-4932-aec3-4f28e1009beb-ori

any ideas?

matt