Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coolant grand cmax

Vinnyincent

Hey guys looking for second opinions got a 2015 grand cmax 1.6 diesel last November from a garage. Been having issue since bought with coolant where after driving the coolant level literally goes straight to the bottom almost like theres none left. When open cap the fluid comes back up into the coolant bottle along with air..have been to garage twice where they have said its fixed and apparently when coolant level is like that it's normal.

Edited by Vinnyincent
Just adding word bottle

Sounds like you have a massive airlock in the system!!

Not sure of you have bleed points or not (last car I bled thr coolant system on was a Mk2 Punto lol).  However, generally speaking the following should work:

- Park facing up hill/ raise the front up higher than the rear

- Crank up the cabin heater to full

- Pop off the coolant cap

- Run the engine long enough to bring it up to temperature 

Keeping a close eye on the coolant level!!  Try pour it in gently so as to limit air bubbles forming in the fluid.

You will most likely end up with it bubbling out and splashing everywhere.  Make sure you throughly clean anywhere there has been anti-freeze! (Including the ground around you).  

The bittering agent (Bitrex) isn't as effective as the manufacturers think.  My dog loves the stuff (it's used to prevent chewing as well...supposedly)

According to boys in garage they have checked it all tested everything and apparently rang ford and asked there advice and said tis normal have warranty for another 9 months so safe enough but it's annoying me tbh..added picture there to show ye how far coolant goes..

Snapchat-1670428423.jpg

On 15/02/2018 at 4:18 PM, SeanW said:

- Run the engine long enough to bring it up to temperature

Or remove the thermostat.

Also give the engine a good rev if it doesn't bleed by itself which can help it "burp".

16 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Or remove the thermostat.

Also give the engine a good rev if it doesn't bleed by itself which can help it "burp".

Only problem is that when you reinstall the thermostat, you run the risk of introducing more air into the system.

Also means that you can also inspect the thermostat housing for leaks under pressure.

@Vinnyincent - I forgot to mention, when you're doing it - give the coolant hoses a gentle squeeze. You'll feel any air caught in the pipes.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club