Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Email address for ford complaints/reject car.

Laskababy

Hi,what is the best email address or phone number to contact ford uk to complain/reject a car please,any help be great,thanks.

You need to reject a car to the dealer you bought it from, not Ford. They are the manufacturer, not the seller.

You can potentially get Ford Credit involved if you bought it on their finance, however your Consumer Rights are protection against the seller (i.e. supplying dealer).

• Like 1

The dealer told me today it's ford themselves I have to reject a car to and not them,he said I have to phone ford and reject it not them/the dealership so I need the correct email address and department to contact as there is a few addresses but I'm not sure which one to contact or where to go,I find it strange I have to go to ford themselves and not the dealership to reject a car,as I say any info on who or where is best to speak to would be very very much appreciated.

If you contact Ford customer relations, they will just send you straight back to the dealer you bought it from.

Sounds like the dealer is trying to fob you off.

Oh, Oh. Sounds like that second audio unit didn't fix it?

As previously said, your contract is with the supplying dealer. Who was that? Are they part of a group or an independent?

You have no contract with Ford but your finance Co. might help

Ford CRC can be contacted on 020 3564 4444 or ukcrc1@ford.com

On what ground do you want to reject?

H

New roof trim,was damaged when got car new,had get new tyre after 100 miles as was all blistered,car covered in scratches,new stereo,now second stereo being looked at by ford,now boot won't shut and looks twisted it has to be manually slammed shut,also lots of other small faults,not been a great start to a new edge,need to see what Ford say first,was just wondering who to speak to first as dealership says I need to speak to ford myself if I want to reject the car,I'm not sure what to do,I just wanted to see what advice ford come back with first,been a very very stressful 8 months of ownership I have to say,apart from the faults the car is lovely but enough is enough,need to get some advice on where and what to do next.

Hi Donald

Your right to reject the car is with the dealer who sold it, they are trying to fob you off. Have a read through this:-

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/your-rights-if-something-is-wrong-with-your-car

Thanks for the replies and advice,the garage are trying to say I have to contact ford if I want to reject the car because I bought the car from Ford not the garage ??????????? This I found strange as I bought it from the dealership but they are saying it was Ford who I bought it from,this is why I'm confused,the finance was through ford so where does this leave me,is this what the dealership means ???been problem after problem since day one,iv reported every problem to the garage and noted every fault as well since day one,there has been lots of other faults as well as the problems iv listed but as I say I have told them umpteen times since I got the car I'm not happy so iv emailed from the address Hamster supplied so I'll wait and see what they come back with,also the garage says they are trying to work figures out for a new one if I want to trade this one in but it's still going to leave me out of pocket,I'm that ***** of now I'm actually thinking about trading it in but on the other hand why should I have to pay more money for another car through no fault of my own.i will await fords reply and the dealership as well,not great at all for such a dear car.problem after problem.also from day one the faults were not fixed to a satisfactory standard or to my likeing,this was made clear to the dealership but they just fobed me of by saying they can't fix this as it would cost to much,very very stressing.

Donald, sorry to be blunt but, where exactly did you buy it from, we can then, with the utmost certainty tell you whether it was a dealer or an independent. Ford do not (and cannot) sell cars directly to the public. They do however own a dealer group but i don't think they have any sites in Scotland. Even if you used Ford Credit for the finance your contract is with the dealer and no-one else.

If the dealer continues to assert that you bought it from Ford and not from them then speak to the dealer principal because whoever is telling you this needs a good seeing to.

Your last comment is also a bit odd, why would the dealer be concerned with how much it would cost to put right. Any repairs under warranty are reimbursed by Ford (the manufacturer) it would cost the dealer nothing, zero, zilch.................................. unless they are not a dealer!!

But first, who is the selling dealer??????

PM me if you don't want it public.

H

22 hours ago, Laskababy said:

New roof trim,was damaged when got car new,had get new tyre after 100 miles as was all blistered,car covered in scratches,new stereo,now second stereo being looked at by ford,now boot won't shut and looks twisted it has to be manually slammed shut,also lots of other small faults,not been a great start to a new edge,need to see what Ford say first,was just wondering who to speak to first as dealership says I need to speak to ford myself if I want to reject the car,I'm not sure what to do,I just wanted to see what advice ford come back with first,been a very very stressful 8 months of ownership I have to say,apart from the faults the car is lovely but enough is enough,need to get some advice on where and what to do next.

You will struggle to reject the car if you have owned it for 6 months or more

1 hour ago, Owen1988 said:

You will struggle to reject the car if you have owned it for 6 months or more

I did try and reject the car 8 weeks after I got it,I emailed the dealership and told them I want to reject the car and get a replacement but they tried to sort the faults but didn't To my satisfaction,I have kept the emails and photos of every fault since day one,I spoke with dealership today and they are trying to work a deal out for me to get a new st-line but need to wait and see what will happen in next few days.been so very very stressing 👎

3 hours ago, Laskababy said:

I did try and reject the car 8 weeks after I got it,I emailed the dealership and told them I want to reject the car and get a replacement but they tried to sort the faults but didn't To my satisfaction,I have kept the emails and photos of every fault since day one,I spoke with dealership today and they are trying to work a deal out for me to get a new st-line but need to wait and see what will happen in next few days.been so very very stressing 👎

I hope you get an outcome that you are happy with.

On a side note, when I changed to my second Edge Sport, I changed after 1st April 2017 so now have higher road tax for the first 5 years due to the list price being over £40k. Just something to bear in mind if your current Edge is old tax rules. If the new car is affected maybe push for some freebies to lessen the blow.

• Like 1

Hi owen1988,yes my car is a July 2017 sport so it's the £450 a year road tax too,one good thing if I get rid of it is I won't have to wash a black car again,I'll never have a black car ever again,lovely colour when clean but totally unbelievable to keep clean,shows every spot of dust,mark and scratch,I coated my car with 3 coats of gyeon cancoat but definitely 100% never haveing black again.

Will agree with you there Laskababy, Washed my Edge vignale yesterday , looked stunning when i had finished , went out this morning started to rain so back to where i began with a filthy car, makes you wonder why we bother.

3 hours ago, bluepeter said:

Will agree with you there Laskababy, Washed my Edge vignale yesterday , looked stunning when i had finished , went out this morning started to rain so back to where i began with a filthy car, makes you wonder why we bother.

For the sense of satisfaction when it’s done!

Agreed a deal with my Ford dealership today with regards my car,going to trade it in for a brand new Ford Edge st-line,everything agreed just need to sort a couple details out but got a great deal from them so I'm going to go for it.fingers crossed this one will be a bit better than my last one though everything has been sorted on this one but still want rid.

I can't believe you are getting rid of it after being one of the very few people in the country to benefit from the elusive Sync3 update.

:smile:

H

9 hours ago, Hamster said:

I can't believe you are getting rid of it after being one of the very few people in the country to benefit from the elusive Sync3 update.

:smile:

H

You know this,I'm in 2 minds now about what to do,one minute I'm all for a new one then next minute I'm thinking I better keep my one,🙄Head is frazzled 

Got the problems sorted on the car at long last,iv decided to keep it for now rather than trade it in,I hope I can finally enjoy the car now at long last,I did think about getting rid but got the problem sorted,time to put some miles on it and really enjoy it 😀