Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing focus radio

b4zz

As title I have the greyish radio think its the 6000 model non dab at the moment in my mk2 facelift focus zetec and just want to know if the upgraded sony 6 disc radio non dab will be a straight forward plug and play as in take old radio out put new one in as im not very good with electrics

Isn't the Facelift 6000 with red illumination and oval front (behind the larger center stack bezel), and the 6 CD from pre-facelift with green illumination and rectangular front (does not fit behind facelift centerstack bezel)? The 2007 facelift(s) is a bit confusing as it was basically done in two steps.

On the facelift (with oval radio) the sony 6 disc (oval) is 100% direct swap.

You could also swap a pre facelift rectangular radio for an oval one with a facelift fascia and a pair of mounting brackets fron Ford.

Did this myself on my old 07 mk2 Focus.

Guide available in my under post link.

Glad to help.
Did you find the guide?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

no i clicked on the link to all your how to guides then clicked on the installing a sony dab  radio and had a error message saying sorry could not find that? but it all seem staright forward and I have ordered the sony six disc non dab radio and should hve it by the middle of next week then will fit it in and put up pics up before and after pics

I'll have to check my links.
They seem to wander occasionally.
The guide I was referring to that is probably more beneficial to you would be my one concerning fitting a facelift radio.
If that link doesn't work then let me know.
You can access the guides directly via the Focus guides sub-forum in the Focus forum if need be.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club