Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Higher Idle/no acceleration

SteveThePirate

Started up my 02 fiesta the other day and i noticed it was idling at 1.5k about 0.5k more than normal. I though the battery might be a bit flat so i thought nothing of it.

when i got to second gear though the car basicly stopped accelerating and something was flashing where the clock is e--- ( i cant remember)

So i pulled over and waited about a minutes, restarted the car and it was fine.

Its only happened once as far as i know but i was just curious whether it was just a flat battery or just a bad start etc etc

I don't think it's odd to have a higher idle at startup. My 2000 fiesta, when it's cold, idles at about 1300 till it warms up, as the for the error message, have you just tried googling it?

Ive never had a higher idle on cold days though , this was the first time and it wasn't that cold to be fair

And I would Google it if i could but i cant remember what it said all i can remember is it started with an e

Tank was half full at the time.

By the way is this the right place to put this forum post?

Ive never had a higher idle on cold days though , this was the first time and it wasn't that cold to be fair

And I would Google it if i could but i cant remember what it said all i can remember is it started with an e

Tank was half full at the time.

By the way is this the right place to put this forum post?

Sure, feel free to post anything Fiesta related in this section.

My thinking was that sometimes when car is very low on fuel or if it run low on fuel regularly.

They can go limp or shut off. A bit like a last ditch attempt to protect the engine from ware.

If the tank was half full then I don't know what it could have been. Hopefully it was just a fluke. Maybe a sensor not registering or something small like that.

If it starts to happen a lot then maybe speak to a garage.

My thinking was that sometimes when car is very low on fuel or if it run low on fuel regularly.

They can go limp or shut off. A bit like a last ditch attempt to protect the engine from ware.

If the tank was half full then I don't know what it could have been. Hopefully it was just a fluke. Maybe a sensor not registering or something small like that.

If it starts to happen a lot then maybe speak to a garage.

Or perhaps a bad bit of fuel going through the system? Or clogage clearing in the fule system?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club