Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange plug

Jonro2009

Hi all, I’m new to the focus but not to the forum. I have a 2017 ST Line now and must say I am enjoying it so far.

tonight I was aware that the front fogs did not seem to be working, the light would illuminate on the dash and I could hear the relay clicking when I turned them on and off. I checked the fuse and it was fine, checked the bulbs and they looked fine too. Took out the off side lamp and when connecting now up the multimeter I got nothing, no power at all, same with the near side.

then I found the connector pictured below was not plugged in to anywhere, after a minute of fishing around I found the male section and joined them up. Voila the fog lights now work!

does anyone know what this plug is and why it has so many wires going in but only 3 coming out? TIA

8879FC82-FB06-4D0A-968E-27F3BE9DE3B3.jpeg

54F78B87-377F-45AB-BA2C-FC65B3ADC929.jpeg

E2BCD52F-37DA-4545-9B81-266D4EB84207.jpeg

26F85B86-0323-455E-8C17-79F3821E6569.jpeg

996A380D-4C88-45CE-BB87-B8A96C3B9B8B.jpeg

I'm wondering being down that low if it has anything to do with adaptive cruise control....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

I'm wondering being down that low if it has anything to do with adaptive cruise control....

Would that also plug into the circuit for the fog light a too though? I don’t have ACC but I know Ford often have the wiring all laid out ready. I would love ACC though!

11 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Would that also plug into the circuit for the fog light a too though? I don’t have ACC but I know Ford often have the wiring all laid out ready. I would love ACC though!

Money save by combining multiple systems onto one plug and loom.....

• Like 1

When it comes to specifying parts for production, it used to be much cheaper to put in all the wires for every option specified on that model rather than have lots of harnesses for every variation.

That was the situation some years ago when I worked in the motor industry and clearly still applies today.

ScaniaPBman.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club