Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what engine will fit into a puma??

chris9

hey ive got a run about ford puma and last nyt while i was driving just decided to loose all power and when i slowed down eventually stalled and wont start again ive checked everything fuel etc and seems fine.

im now thinking it may be the cambelt in which case is my engine knackered??

if so, what engines newer or older including petrol and diesel will fit into my puma please??

thanks

Get someone to crank it while you look in the oil filler cap, I think you can see the Camshaft ( it should turn ) if not then yes your Cambelt has Snapped.

99% of the time it`ll bend the Valves, possibly damaging the Head and even the Pistons.

Pretty much any Fiesta Engine`ll fit in both Petrol and Diesel, Depends if you want a challenge or a straight swap.

Get someone to crank it while you look in the Oil filler cap, I think you can see the Camshaft ( it should turn ) if not then yes your Cambelt has Snapped.

99% of the time it`ll bend the Valves, possibly damaging the Head and even the Pistons.

Pretty much any Fiesta Engine`ll fit in both Petrol and Diesel, Depends if you want a challenge or a straight swap.

easyest swap as possible really. didnt think you was supposed to try and start it, to prevent further damage??

• 2 weeks later...

take off cover on the side of the engine to check the cam belt. If its not the belt then post back or message me as i'm not usually on this forum section....usually in the focus part.

Any 1.4/1.6/1.7/ (1.8/2.0 as well i think) zetec engine will fit. I think all the looms are the same for the basics....but however if the donor car has optional extras that yours doent then there wont be any wiring on the car to "make it work" if you get what i mean.

Best off just going for the 1.4 or 1.7 that came in the pumas as standard if your want simplicity.