Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What part do you find most challenging?

Gazjs

• 2 weeks later...

For me its removing Autoglynn Super Resin...I tend to get bored after a few minutes...cleaned my car few days ago...and just noticed that I've left some on the left hand side of the car :(.

• 4 weeks later...

For me its removing Autoglynn Super Resin...I tend to get bored after a few minutes...cleaned my car few days ago...and just noticed that I've left some on the left hand side of the car :(.

I used to think that...Untill I moved onto waxing the polish in

Wax on is EASY

Waxing off takes YEARS! It really does dry on tough. I think I need a better towel, my current microfibre gets clogged up after one panel :(

Removing products is often a dull and tedious part of the detail - some products are harder to remove than others. Rogue_Shadow, what wax are we talking here? It sounds to me like it's over haze-ing on your car, because it should be a doddle if it's a decent wax.

I used to have a real trouble seeing wax on my white car, until I started using colour charged waxes and now that's a breeze too.

For me it's glass that is most challenging, I have tried doing the glass at various different stages of the detail and nearly always end up getting smudges or streaks. :blink:

I use Meguiars paste wax

Like this shiney pot here

meguiars16.jpg

I apply it using a foam pad, I put the pad in, spin it while its inside the tin, then apply until I can see I need to apply some more.

It dries white, but its damn tough to get it all off. I can remove the white'ness layer of it. But some of the streaks need extra effort to get out

I have Megs 16 - and I can't say I use it much. There are plenty of waxes ahead of it in the queue when I come to decide 'what shall I use today' :lol:

That being said, I didn't notice it being tough to buff. It sounds to me like your layers are too thick - how many times would you charge the pad to cover, say, the bonnet? I tend to now go not by what I can see, but what I can feel. I don't charge the pad again until the pad 'drags' due to lack of product. Remember that thin layers are good layers. :D

I'll try and keep that in mind the next time I apply a wax coat.

Before changing the topic entirely, what Wax would you suggest for my next collection :)

Thanks Dan

Yours is black isn't it? Dodo Purple Haze all the way. Looks amazing on my white, will make your black look epic. It's a soft wax, so you may want to also consider a sealant or hard wax to go under it. Blue Velvet is the hard Dodo dark colour wax, and I'm less impressed, much better results from Supernatural (expensive) or Autoglym High Def (much more reasonable).

I'm waiting for summer to try my Swissvax Best of Show - I shall report back though, in case anyone else fancies paying way too much money for a pot of wax :lol:

Ive been testing out a few products on my saxo (Red) and my Dad's BMW 3 series (Black)

But I WILL have a grey MK7 Next Saturday

I'll try lighter coats until most of the tin has gone...then I'll look for an upgrade :D

Cheers for the help

I notice there are a few tubs of Supernatural going for around £60 on fleebay.

well ive tried it weve seen it on shopping channels grease lightning showroom shine cleans waxes protects all the car in one go... i know what youre thinking i do because i thought it as well.

load of old tosh doesnt work damages paint etc etc well it works guys it really really works and the best bit it does trim leaving no marks wheels alloys tyres if you want a surprise youll find on eBay the original name for it proshine this is thee best stuff ive used

• 1 month later...

I find that actually getting out of the chair the hard part. Once i have all the cleaning gear out i'm outside most of the day.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club