Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help with S-max

wings21660

Having just picked our S-max up yesterday I can't tune the radio into DAB, there's no spare wheel and the rear child locks are baffling. The book is as clear as mud so any help would be grateful, thanks in advance Ian.

6 hours ago, wings21660 said:

I can't tune the radio into DAB

I take it you've pressed the radio button until it cycles through FM, FM AST, AM, DAB1, DAB2? If you get the other options but not DAB then it's been disabled or not there in the first place.

there's no spare wheel

Yep! Ford (and pretty much every other car manufacturer) uses that tyre weld crap instead of a spare wheel nowadays. Annoying as it turns a puncture that will cost one of those kits to repair at like £5 to then cost £70 (for me anyway) for a brand new tyre. You can get a space saver from eBay that will fit in wheel well instead.

the rear child locks are baffling.

Don't have kids (yet 😣) so can't help you sorry. Oh and my Ford is a 3 door lol.

Thanks Luke I will try the radio later, and I found out about the tyre inflator on you tube

Child locks could be the electronic type where the button to controll it is on the drivers armrest maybe? That's where it is on my Mondeo.

5 hours ago, wings21660 said:

Thanks Luke I will try the radio later, and I found out about the tyre inflator on you tube

Ive got sorted with the child locks and the inflator for the tyres, but still cant tune the radio in. when I press the radio button fm1 fm2 ast all light up then when it gets to dab it misses this out and jumps to mw lw. so does that mean it has been disabled some how?

Doubt it to be honest. More likely it doesn't have it fitted to start with. I'd take it back to the garage and get them to sort it. You can argue it was misadvertised and you can reject the car (if you've owned it for less than a month). If it somehow disabled it would take a special adapter and software to re-enable.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club