Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto headlight upgrade

I have a 2014 ecoboost it did not come stranded with the auto headlights was wondering if i was to replace the controls with one that has it  would it work or is it not that straight forward 

it dose have a black circular thing on the dashboard just up from the centre console but i have no idea what it is 

thanks for any help 

Not that simple I'm afraid. Those that have it built in have the sensor behind the rear view mirror.

From what I can remember the same box is also used to house the auto wipers.

You need the auto switch. Sensor behind the mirror, wiring loom and forscan to enable it

• 4 weeks later...
You need the auto switch. Sensor behind the mirror, wiring loom and forscan to enable it
Hi m8 I have a 2016 zetec nav I'm trying to install auto lights as I miss them lol didn't think I would . Anyways I've 3 sensor behind rear view mirror , bought a auto light switch installed how do I go about this forscan to enable it ??

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have a 2013 zetec s, dont even use the auto lights coz if i do they are mostly all the time on. Where i live, weather is great and at 6 pm its still bright and sunny, and the auto lights are on ... dont know, i find it a little waste, depends where u live too i guess. 

I have a 2013 zetec s, dont even use the auto lights coz if i do they are mostly all the time on. Where i live, weather is great and at 6 pm its still bright and sunny, and the auto lights are on ... dont know, i find it a little waste, depends where u live too i guess. 
My last car had them on I really didn't think It would bother me not having them I was wrong lol ..

I don't see the point having them. When i was searching for my fiesta I did come across one with auto lights however what put me off it was the power felt low on it and the body work looked poor as if someone did a bodgit job on it. 

Normally you'd just turn the knob to turn the lights on and off which isn't any work. 

I don't see the point having them. When i was searching for my fiesta I did come across one with auto lights however what put me off it was the power felt low on it and the body work looked poor as if someone did a bodgit job on it. 
Normally you'd just turn the knob to turn the lights on and off which isn't any work. 
Like I said m8 there a big miss after not turning lights on nd off for 3 years lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

What?  Turn the headlight knob EVERY time!?  I imagine you'll be saying you have to push the wiper stalk every time you want wipers and flick the rear view mirror dip switch when it's dark too... That'd be as bad as having to constantly adjust the throttle pedal to maintain a speed... :ohmy: :unsure:

I won't buy a daily without auto wipers, lights and cruise myself. :tongue:  

What?  Turn the headlight knob EVERY time!?  I imagine you'll be saying you have to push the wiper stalk every time you want wipers and flick the rear view mirror dip switch when it's dark too... That'd be as bad as having to constantly adjust the throttle pedal to maintain a speed... ohmy.png unsure.png
I won't buy a daily without auto wipers, lights and cruise myself. :tongue:  
Calm done folks lol it's all down to personal preferences .. the option is there why not use it ..

I was being totally serious...  It's 2018...I'm not gonna be switching on my own lights and wipers with all the tech available these days! :wink:  Titanium only for me lol! :tongue: 

Tbh it surprises me so many people buy Zetecs without those being standard.  Other manufacturers have been fitting them for 20 years+ on all except very basic models.

• Like 2

I was being totally serious...  It's 2018...I'm not gonna be switching on my own lights and wipers with all the tech available these days! :wink:  Titanium only for me lol! :tongue: 
Tbh it surprises me so many people buy Zetecs without those being standard.  Other manufacturers have been fitting them for 20 years+ on all except very basic models.
Totally agree m8 ... it was another £2500 for next spec up which didn't want to pay , I can live without every thing except the auto lights I keep forgetting to turn them on nd off after being used to having auto lights 🖒

• Like 1

Yeah that's fair enough, I don't have the budget for anything that new so the price difference between specs becomes a lot smaller after a few years lol.

I couldn't do without cruise myself so glad that became standard on the Mk3 Titanium.  I spent ages looking for my previous mk2 with cruise but had to settle for one without...I'd retrofitted it within a fortnight though lol.

• Like 1

Since I've moved on to better things (VW) and had auto lights and wipers, I can safely say I'll never ever go back 😂😂. Same as I'll never leave my DSG for a manual. 

Before I had lived with auto lights I thought it was a waste of money. Infact I even specifically refused two fiestas from dealer because they had auto lighfs and wipers. Well, what a mistake i made with those! 

After having a car with auto lights, auto dip, climate control, auto wipers etc etc or a few weeks, I will never buy another car without them.

8 hours ago, Mavroz said:

After having a car with auto lights, auto dip, climate control, auto wipers etc etc or a few weeks, I will never buy another car without them.

I don't like auto dip headlights. When cars with them drive buy at night they blind me for a few seconds. Happened twice with a high end Audi SUV and a Merc in the last year. They don't work fast enough in my opinion. Blinded by Led lights is not fun I can tell you. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club