Do Not Sell My Personal Information

handbrake cable

lasthope

just been looking in car at the handbrake to adjust handbrake but its already been done the nut is all the way down,,so do I need new cable if so what one would I need is it in 3 bits or can I just adjust it from hub

Someone's probably just adjusted it inside as if it was discs, not the way to do it with drums.  Back it right off and adjust at the drums first, then inside the car.

After that, If there's still a lot of slack before it engages the cable(s) will have stretched and need replacing.  

• Like 1

cheers tom if its stretched will it need full cable or is just the middle bit or is it all in one

There are 2 long cables and then a short one for each drum.  The 2 long ones come as a set but the short ones can be bought individually.  The short ones are likely to stretch first so I'd try replacing them before the long ones, they're about a fiver each.  Long ones are about £40 the pair.

No that's for discs.

The drum one is below that on ECP, about £40.  Can't link it for some reason.  Genuine ford is about the same price on eBay.

is it this one mate  252770279139   then it most join in middle to the one that you just up

i bought some cables for my mk3 from ford dealer and i paid £27( discounted slightly) and the parts manager said he was supprised how cheap the cables were.