Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6L Zetec S Remap

zKeiron

Any recommendations for the best stage 1 remap for a 12 plate 1.6L ZS? I'm seeing a good amount of choice for the 1L Ecoboost but can't find a viable option for the 1.6L engines. In my head Revo would've been the go-to but I'm quite sure they haven't got the option for this engine. Cheers. 

you don't have a turbo do you? In which case it's not really worth remapping it.. 

Exactly that. Non turbo engines are hard to get more power out of without modding them first. You'd be looking at 10hp tops in reality, which isn't really noticeable under normal driving.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

you don't have a turbo do you? In which case it's not really worth remapping it.. 

I thought as much, the only reason I've gone for the 1.6L is because the engines on the 1L are notorious for problems, as far as I've been informed, and that's before a map.

15 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Exactly that. Non turbo engines are hard to get more power out of without modding them first. You'd be looking at 10hp tops in reality, which isn't really noticeable under normal driving.

Any other options to get a boost in performance? Things like air filter, exhaust system, maybe silicone piping etc, I'm not sure if this is much of an increase - if anything - but in fairness I'm not expecting it to be that much of a boost, just something over nothing.

Silicone piping will so absolutely nothing to increase power. Yes they handle heat better than rubber, but on a 100hp NA car it's very unnoticeable and is mostly there for looks. 

Best way to make your car faster cheaply (free infact) is to shed weight. Obviously taking the back seats out isn't practical to most, but the options there if you need.

Without going into changing the compression ratio, uprated injectors, aftermarket pistons and rods etc, realistically you're looking at exhaust and air filter. Not sure how the ECU would react though. I've heard people say the ECU 'learns' and changes the map slightly. Other cars need to be remapped as they get confused and can actually lose power until that is done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luke4efc said:

Silicone piping will so absolutely nothing to increase power. Yes they handle heat better than rubber, but on a 100hp NA car it's very unnoticeable and is mostly there for looks. 

Best way to make your car faster cheaply (free infact) is to shed weight. Obviously taking the back seats out isn't practical to most, but the options there if you need.

Without going into changing the compression ratio, uprated injectors, aftermarket pistons and rods etc, realistically you're looking at exhaust and air filter. Not sure how the ECU would react though. I've heard people say the ECU 'learns' and changes the map slightly. Other cars need to be remapped as they get confused and can actually lose power until that is done.

I didn't think silicone piping was going to be much of an improvement anyway, the car is likely going to stay with me for a year or two so may just do some bits to it to make it look better, and not play with the engine bay as much as I was expecting to. If I could insure an ST I would but I feel that's a 2019/20 kinda option atm :(

Celtic Tuning have a map available claiming a decent ish increase in HP, thoughts?

If you can't afford to insure a stick ST you may get an unpleasant surprise when you ring to tell them about a remap - the "R" word is one of the most loathed by insurers.

• Like 1

It's not worth changing anything on your engine if you're not going to tell the insurance company. If you write it off, they will check and won't pay out. An ST would be cheaper to insure than a modded 1.6 I'm afraid.

Small stuff like wind deflectors or an aftermarket air filter (not one of those stupid cone filters) and they probably wouldn't notice or you could rip them out quickly.

If you're only keeping it for 2 years or so then don't do anything you can't reverse. Small mods will tend to devalue the car as it looses the appeal to anybody not under the age of 20. Stuff like taking the badges off, painting the calipers red, spray painting things matt black and changing all of the lights gives people an excuse to talk the price down.

• Like 1

The1.0 in the fiesta doesn't actually have that many problems. It was the early 1.0 In the focus that had issues. 

I killed my ecoboost but that was an extremely poor map. I don't blame the engine.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club